What we're doing, where we're staying and what we'll need
12/6: depart from home
12/7: travel day
12/8: arrive in Kathmandu in the afternoon, welcome dinner
12/9: Habitat office visit, fly to Pokhara, welcome by host staff and local orientation
12/10: visit build site, meet partners + site, construction and safety orientation + build
12/11 - 12/13: build 8am - 4pm
12/14 - 12/15: day trip activities
12/16 - 12/19: build 8am - 4pm
12/20: house dedication, travel back to Kathmandu, farewell dinner
12/21: depart for home (+ sightseeing in Kathmandu for anyone with later flights)
12/22: arrive in home country
Weekend day trip activities
Hotel Middle Path, Dec 9 - Dec 21
Center point, Lakeside Pokhara-6, Nepal
Tel: (00) 977-61-465803, (0)61-462812 | Mobile: 9856032233 | Fax: +977-61-465803
- a roof top terrace with breathtaking mountain views
- laundry service (potentially for a fee)
- free wifi
The currency of Nepal is the Nepalese Rupee (NR).
1 Nepalese Rupee = 0.01 US Dollar
1 US Dollar = almost 100 Nepalese Rupees
- Notes come in 1000, 500, 100, 50, 20, 10 and 5 NR with 1 and 2 NR coins.
- You can change foreign currency at the hotel or get money from ATMs or banks in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- As you will have already paid for your main expenses you will only require money for soft drinks, alcohol, additional snacks and souvenirs.
Weather and Clothing
The average December weather in Pokhara:
- Low 45°
- High of 66°
Please plan to dress in layers so you can adjust to the temperature. Clothing should be modest, particularly for women. Please refer to the packing list for a more detailed list of recommended clothing and supplies.