Room 104 News: Issue 23
May 13, 2016
This week in 104
On Thursday Mrs. Sotoudeh's class invited us up to visit their exhibition about different countries. The kindergarten students were really engaged as they looked around and I was very proud of the way they asked good questions and listend carefully to the answers.
We have exciting news! Our caterpillars have arrived. We have them in a container and we will watch them carefully to see how they will change.
The new flower bed is coming along nicely, we are adding new plants almost every day as teachers and parents make donations from their gardens. It is nice to have some colour in the yard and the students are doing a great job caring for and watering the plants.
A music centre has been added to the fence in the kindergarten yard. We could use some more materials, so, if you have old pots and pans or anything that could be used as a drumstick that you could donate, please send them in.
Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.
Information and Reminders!
- We have a field trip to Reptilia on May 31st. If you have already sent back the money and permission form thank you very much. If you have not returned the form yet please send it in as soon as possible. The form must be signed in two places and the cost of the trip is $9.00. It is going to be a fun learning trip.
- We WILL change Library books this coming week. Please return your books on monday so we can exchange for a new one. A few families have NOT returned their books for a long time. If this is you please spend some time looking for the book this weekend so we can get you back on track. READING IS FUN!!!
- Hats & Reusable Water Bottles: Now that the warm weather is back we will be spending more time outside for physical activity, nature study and free play. Please ensure your child brings a hat that protects them from the sun and a reusable water bottle to use throughout the day. Juice boxes are not recommended. They are usually too much for the children to finish and can’t be resealed.
- Thank you to the students that are remembering to bring their mailbags back to school every day. We never know when we will have notes etc. to send home so please make sure the bag is sent in EVERY day.
- Poetry Folders come home every Friday, please have fun reading the poems/songs together. Make sure the folders come back to school in the mailbag on Monday so we can add the new page.
- REMINDER: we go outside every day so please make sure your child has clothes suitable for the weather at school every day.
- Many of the children have the same or very similar clothing and they do not always know which items belong to them. This is taking up a lot of our time and causing some upset feelings. Please, please help us out by making sure that all removable clothing has your child's name written on the inside label. Thank you.
Dates to Remember
Friday, May 20th: Character Education Assembly
Monday, May 23rd: Victoria Day - No School
Tuesday, May 31st: Field trip to Reptilia
Monday, June 13th: Whole school panoramic photograph
Special Helpers for May
Special Helpers for this week are:
Monday, May 16th: Sean
Tuesday, May 17th: Anika
Wednesday, May 18th: John
Thursday, May 19th: Abdi
Friday, May 20th: Gzifa (Happy Birthday Gzifa)
Toronto Public Library has a wonderful website for children, called Kids space. Follow the link below to a site where you can read stories, listen to stories or even write your own. You will also find other games and fun activities to do.http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/kidsspace/
Please do not forward this email to others!
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, please email me.