Holy Redeemer Catholic School, June 10
Mark Your Calendars:
Sunday: (June 12)
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion @ OLPH Church 10:30 - 11:30PM (Select students who have registered and completed their First Communion prep.)
- Mental Health Capacity Builder - Laura Cormier - In the school
- Parent Council Meeting - 6:30 - 8:30PM - (Available in person and online)
- EverActive Schools Teaching Indigenous Games
- Grade 1 - 4 Swimming Lessons (12:30-2:00)
- Hot Lunch - (Order Instructions below)
- School Open House BBQ - 5:00 - 6:00 Pm
- Mental Health Capacity Builder - Laura Cormier - In the school
- Kindergarten LAST DAY!
- Kindergarten @ Ardrossan Rec Centre SprayDeck 11-2
- Grade 8 Mass and Blessing
- Grade 8 Farewell 5:00-6:00PM
- Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!
Down the Road:
- Open House - Family BBQ (June 15 - 5:00 - 6:00 pm) All welcome
- Grade 8 Mass & Farewell - June 17
- Last day of school for Kindergarten - June 17
- Indigenous games and Hoop dancing - June 21 (All day)
- Junior High FINAL Exams - June 20 - 24
- Last day of School for Students - Tues, June 28
School Sports and Events Calendar: Click Here
Message from the Principal's Desk
Farewell, Welcome and Staffing Changes!
● The end of June will bring a few changes to our staff at Holy Redeemer Catholic School.
We bid a fond farewell to…
Ms. Richard (Teacher) – will be moving to Alberta Education on a two-year Secondment.
Ms. Twohey (Teacher) – will be moving to Our Lady of Angels Elementary, K to 4 as their grade 3 Teacher.
Mrs. McCann (Family Wellness Worker) - wishing her the best as she embarks on the journey of motherhood.
Mrs. Wiunow (Collaborative Response Coordinator) - will return to Madonna Catholic School on a full-time basis continuing on in the role of being their Collaborative Response Coordinator and Classroom Teacher.
Mr. Bennett (Teacher) - we wish him the best as he moves on in his educational journey.
We wish Ms. Richard, Ms. Twohey, Mrs. McCann, Mrs. Wiunow, and Mr. Bennett many blessings on their journey forward. We thank our staff deeply for the love and support they shared with the students, staff, and school community. You will be deeply missed! You will always be part of our Holy Redeemer Family!
We welcome to our Holy Redeemer Family!
Mrs. Nancy Morgan - Assistant Principal and Grade 3 Teacher
Mr. Dillon Burak - Grade 5 Teacher
Miss. Kierra Vellow - Grade 6 Teacher
Miss. Heather Harrison - K to 6 Music Teacher
Mr. Driedger - will continue as a Teacher in our grade 7 and 8 classes. Mr. Driedger will be moving into our Inclusive Learning Facilitator role (previously known as our Collaborative Response Coordinator position). Congratulations on the new role Mr. Driedger, supporting our exceptional needs students and school community.
Mrs. McMaster - will continue as our grade 1 Teacher. She will also take on the important role of School Chaplain to lead our school community in Faith.
Paula Reid - will move to our grade 2 classroom next year. She will also move into our School Wellness and Student Leadership Lead Teacher position.
We are extremely excited about our new Holy Redeemer staff team! We look forward to serving our school community!
SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE
5 Year Recipients:
10 Year Recipients:
Honouring our Fine Arts Students
Action Required - Transportation Forms 2022 / 2023
Transportation Request Deadline: ALL students requiring busing for 22-23 school year MUST fill out a Transportation Request form on School Engage before June 10. If your child is currently taking the bus they MUST still put in a new request for next year NO LATER THAN JUNE 10.
To fill out a Transportation Request form, do the following:
- Log into PowerSchool (website is https://eics.powerschool.com)
- Click "SchoolEngage Student Forms" on the left
- Choose a student from the "Students" menu on the left
- On the right hand side, in the list of forms, search for the "Transportation" category and click "New" beside the form named "B.1) Transportation Request Form".
Please complete one form for each student requiring busing. If you encounter difficulties logging into PowerSchool, please contact the Tess in the office at 780-922-4522 for assistance.
Please contact Tess in the office (780-922-4522) if your family is moving and won't be attending Holy Redeemer (or ABJ) in the fall as we are planning for the 2022-2023 school year. Please do NOT submit a new registration form if you are returning next year.
Grade 3 students moving to Grade 4
Students entering grade 4 in the fall will need to bring a device to school as another tool for learning. EICS recommends Chromebooks as the ideal device due to price, battery life, fast startup, and usability.
Want to be a Parent Volunteer?
Request forms for these can be picked up at the school office. If you are unsure if you have these documents already completed you can call the office and we can check for you. Thank you for considering volunteering at our school...we NEED and welcome you!
Lions Club Flag presentation
Check out some fun...
Indigenous Moon Calendar
It is hard to believe that the year is winding down already. It has been a great year in the library, and we were able to add so many new cool books to our collection. June 8th and June 10th will be the last library classes to check out books. After that, we will just be returning all over due material and getting ready for the next school year. If any over due books are not returned by June 17th , payment sheets will go home.
Thanks everyone and if you have any questions please reach out
Mrs. Scoggins email@example.com
VACATION BIBLE CAMP - Registrations
OLPH parish is excited to be hosting in-person Vacation Bible Camp again this summer!
Registration is now open
VACATION BIBLE CAMP ‘Kingdom of the Son’ - a Prayer Safari
Bible Stories, Crafts, Games, Songs & Snacks
Come join us for fun and excitement
- DATE: July 11-15
- TIME: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- WHERE: OLPH Parish Hall (Downstairs)
- FOR: Children finished Kindergarten through Grade 5 by June 2022.
- COST: $60.00 per child if you register by June 6 (guaranteed a t-shirt)
$70 per child after June 7 (no guarantee to receive a t-shirt)
Registrations will be available May 1 at the Parish Office. Last day to register for camp is June 19. Please note we have limited space in each group so register early to ensure a space .
For more info email Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Community ....
Common Topics and Quick Links
- A Reminder about spring registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion INCLUDING a special invitation for family whose children age 7-10 are not yet Baptized. We have special preparation available for those families so the little ones can be welcomed in Baptism during the Easter season then go on to celebrate the other sacraments with their classmates. Please share widely in your classrooms! A direct invitation from the grade 2-4 teachers would be extremely helpful.
- Invitations for two different adult Faith Formation opportunities being offered in April by the parish GiFT Committee (Growing in Faith Together.) Please share with all EICS staff and parents. You do not need to be an OLPH parishioner to participate.