What's New in Speech
*We have had a great first semester in speech with all the new changes. The kids (including myself) have adjusted well to my new room and changes in the speech routine! Thank you for sharing your children with me!
*Starting in January, I am going to change the model of service I provide. The new service will NOT change any minutes in your child's IEP. I am going to try a 3 week model of direct services (current model) and 1 week of indirect services. The week of indirect services will look more like a push in services. I will be in your child's classroom more and participating in co-teaching with your child's teacher. We might do a mini articulation lesson or language lesson together. This is new to me and a work in progress. Please call or email me if you have any questions or concerns.
*You will receive a SMORE update quarterly
*I wish you all a very Happy Holiday Season!
Homework ideas https://www.speakingofspeech.com/materials-exchange.html
American speech and Hearing association http://www.asha.org/
Hamilton Southeastern schools speech services http://www.hse.k12.in.us/ADM/academics/speech.aspx
Stuttering Foundation http://www.stutteringhelp.org/
At Home Practice
About your SLP
Fun Facts about your SLP
* I am a wife and mom to 3 wonderful children (my daughter, Lucy, is in 1st grade here at BSE, Austin is 4 and Ella is 1)
* We have a border collie named Murphy
* We live in Fishers
* We enjoy playing outside, going to parks, and of course traveling!
* I have worked in HSE schools since 2005
* I graduated from Purdue University (2002) and completed my Masters work at Ball State University (2005).
*Favorite Quote "In every job that must be done, there is an element of FUN" *Mary Poppins