T.S. Cooley Elementary Weekly News
October 17, 2022
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- End of 1st 9 Weeks
- Deadline to sign up for 4-H Club for 4th and 5th grade students
- 3rd/4th grades Mighty Mu practice 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall Street)
- Cub Scout informational/signup meeting 5 PM, T.S. Cooley cafeteria
- Beta Engineering practice 3-4 PM (pick-up in front circle drive)
- Synergy Assembly 7:40 AM
- FUNDRAISER PICK-UP ON FALL ST. (12 - 2 PM if delivery is on time.)
- Chess practice 3-4 PM
- Robotics 3-4 PM
- Report cards are sent home with all students.
- Cooley Tribe meetings during Assembly. Students can wear tribe colors.
- Jr. BETA Club Induction @ 8:30 AM for 5th grade students. Additional details going home soon.
- RED RIBBON WEEK begins (see note below)
- Today is Neon Day for Red Ribbon Week - students may wear neon clothing or accessories
- Book Fair Pumpkin Contest entries due by 8:30 AM.
- Crust Pizza Family Night
- 3rd/4th Mighty Mu practice 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall Street)
- AR Free Dress Day (students will receive a note)
- LyondellBasell STEM Day (Engineers will do science experiments with all grade levels.)
- Garden Club 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall Street)
- BETA engineering practice 3-4 PM (pick-up in front circle drive)
- WIG Reward day (details coming soon)
- GOLD library leaders 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall Street)
- All State Choir students leave for New Orleans to perform in the Louisiana All-State Choir
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 10/31 - 11/4: BOOK FAIR WEEK - "GREATEST BOOKS ON EARTH!"
- Students will have crazy hair day on Halloween to kick off our circus themed Book Fair. Multiple shopping opportunities will be available throughout the week! See details below.
1ST NINE WEEK WIG (WILDLY IMPORTANT GOALS) REQUIREMENTS
Students will not be penalized for not meeting their reading goal this 9 weeks. This announcement was delayed because we didn't want the students to stop reading. Technology issues out of our control were the main reason we made this decision. The requirement to attend the WIG party for the 1st 9 weeks will only be based on grades and work habits. The WIG celebration will take place during PE next week. Students that do not attend will be reading a book during the WIG party. It's a FRESH START to the 9 weeks, so please encourage your students to tackle their new goals now!
**Reading goals for the 2nd and 3rd 9 weeks WILL NOT be adjusted. We will be making changes to the 4th 9 weeks because AR points will be due at the beginning of May.
BETA AND ROBOTICS CLUBS ARE SELLING $12 PLATE LUNCHES TO SOUTHERN SPICE
JR. BETA CLUB + ROBOTICS FUNDRAISER
Our Jr. Beta Club and Robotics Club are combining efforts for a fundraiser. Our clubs will be selling plate lunch tickets to Southern Spice for $12. Tickets can be redeemed any day in November. Each club will receive 50% of the profit. These funds will be used to purchase the materials necessary for our club competitions. See one of the Beta or Robotics club members to purchase tickets or purchase your tickets by clicking on the link below.
ATTENTION CHESS, BETA AND GARDEN CLUB MEMBERS!
TS COOLEY APPAREL
SYNERGY SHIRTS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE CHESS CLUB SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE THROUGH OCTOBER 23 BETA SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE THROUGH NOVEMBER 4TH GARDEN CLUB SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE THROUGH NOVEMBER 4TH THIS ORDERS WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE SCHOOL FOR DISTRIBUTION
"GREATEST BOOKS ON EARTH" BOOK FAIR OCT. 31 - NOV. 4
eWALLET - SAFE & EASY - SET UP AN ACCT FOR BOOK FAIR AND ADD $$ NOW
IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO MAKE A PUMPKIN FOR THE BOOK FAIR
CUB SCOUT INFORMATION AND SIGN UP OCTOBER 18TH 5 PM T.S. COOLEY CAFETERIA
NEW TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - STUDENT EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
T.S. Cooley has many students that shine here and away from campus. We showcase many of their accomplishments at school in our yearbook, shine boards, morning assemblies and awards days. After hearing about so many of their outside accomplishments we have decided to add a shine board to our weekly newsletters. We have many athletes, musicians, dancers, singers and other talented students who we would like to showcase. If you would like to share their accomplishments, please send a jpg photo and a short paragraph explaining the photo with details about the activity, length of time they have been participating, type of honor they are receiving or other information to firstname.lastname@example.org We will begin posting these next week.
Tues. 10/18 - Chili with cheese and Fritos
Wed. 10/19 - Cajun chicken pasta
Thurs. 10/20 - Jambalaya
Fri. 10/21 - Cheeseburger and French fries
Mon. 10/24 - Pepperoni pizza
If there are any changes to the menu, we will send a text message through the automated school system.
Monthly menus are posted on the CPSB social media outlets.
T. S. Cooley Elementary Magnet School
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Location: 2711 Common Street, Lake Charles, LA, USA