Welcome to Kennedy
DATES TO REMEMBER
1 - No school - New Years Day
2 - No school - Last day of Holiday Break
3 - Resume classes after break
4 - PTO meeting at 6:30 PM
8 through 12 - Tom Sawyer auditions and rehearsals
13 - Tom Sawyer free play at 11:00 - High School Auditorium
15 - No school - Martin Luther King Day
18 - Kindergarten Registration 5:30 - 7:00 PM
19 - Family Movie Night
26 - No school - Workshop/Staff Development
9 - Visiting author, Nancy Carlson
You and your child are invited to visit Kindergarten classrooms, meet Kindergarten teachers, turn in registration/enrollment forms, and tour the school.
Please call the attendance line at 651-480-7220, each morning, to report when your child(ren) will not be attending school
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF REMINDERS
- Whenever possible, prepare your child(ren) to exit the vehicle on the curbside.
- Please pull up as far as you can, so other cars can drop off behind you.
- Do not park your car along the curb and come into the building. If you need to come into the building for any reason, please park in one of our parking lots.
- Ensure you have clear visibility out all of your windows.
Drop off times are from 8:30 am-8:50 am. Children should not be dropped off before 8:30. If your child is going to breakfast, you may drop off at 8:25 am and have them go directly to the cafeteria.
If you need to drop off before the 8:30 bell, you can enroll your child in Kids Campus. Further information about Kid’s Campus can be obtained from the district’s website, the Kennedy webpage, or from our office.
KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE
Your child's safety is of prime importance to us. There are a few procedure guidelines that help us maintain a secured building and limit the number of distractions to our classrooms. Our building is designed to have a single entry point during the school day. Please keep the following in mind:
- Always check in at the office whenever you are at school.
- When delivering things for your child (ex. snow gear), please drop them off at the office. We will deliver articles or call your child down to the office.
- When picking up your child early from school, please do so by signing them out at the office. The office personnel will contact your child’s teacher to dismiss them.
PTO MOVIE NIGHT Friday, January 19th
Movie Night: Dominos pizza will be served in the cafeteria from 5:30 PM to 6:15 PM. Preorder forms are due on Tuesday, January 16th.
- Movie will start at 6:15 in the gymnasium. Popcorn, candy, juice and water will be available for purchase.
- Future PTO meetings:
January 4th at 6:30 PM
March 22nd at 6:30 PM
April 26th at 6:30