ICEF Weekly Newsletter
May 15, 2016
May 18 - Getty Arts Integration PD, (NO ALL ICEF CADRE MEETING)
May 19-20 - Elementary Directors Writers Workshop Training
May 23 - ELA Elementary and Secondary Task Force Workshop
May 24 - Math Task Force Workshop
June 22-24 - Leadership Retreat
Instructional Focus - CAASPP! (STILL A FOCUS!)
Continue making sure that every student is tested!!! Please reach out if you need support.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAKE SURE YOUR TOMS REPORT MATCHES CALPADS. Please notify Enrique, Lauren, Ryan and David ASAP if you have any errors.
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- The target date for distributing Teacher Offer Letters is the end of this week. Directors - we need your final scorecards and evaluations in order to update the salary. Please continue to keep John and Ryan informed of your status towards completion.
- Last week, Marie attended a workshop on California's New Accountability System, as we implement the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Per the workshop, API will no longer be a number and will include multiple measures of data. Stay tuned for more updates. (Information for the workshop had been in prior newsletter and cheers to Kristen for showing up and staying informed!)
- HIRE, HIRE, HIRE, please collaborate with Sarah and HR dept. to ensure a swift hiring process. ALL positions should be filled by the end of May.
- 2016-2017 LCAP feedback by Tuesday, May 17th.
- 2016-2017 LCAP submission to ICEF Board Thursday, May 19th.
- 2015-2016 Title I final expenditure approval by SSC by June 16th.
From the Ops Team -
From Enrique - Good Afternoon! Happy Sunday! I hope you're having a great weekend! As a follow up to our last meeting, we'll be having a Special SIC Meeting to finish the meal application concern that arisen during the meeting. Our meeting location will be confirmed tomorrow, Monday. The time will be from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Prior to the meeting, here's the expectation: if you're missing a Determining and/or Confirming Official Signature (the first or second signature), it must be completed PRIOR to the meeting. The goal of this meeting is to finalize the Verifying Signature, not the first 2 signatures (that should have been done by October).
From the IT Team -
As testing will be in full swing this coming week, please be sure to have all devices fully charged the night before. Please also know what devices you will be using as there is no time to guess which one will work or not work on the day of testing. The IT Team will follow the regular schedule and make sure you start the testing with no issues but they will not stay in on place waiting for the entire test to complete if there were no issues at the start of testing. As there are only 4 members of the IT Team, we will do our best to assist all schools and respond to your requests depending on the urgency of the issues you report to us. You should have a contingency plan if devices fail or are not charged. Please keep in mind some schools scheduled testing during same days as other schools, so we ask that you consider this as you report any technical issues. A consolidated schedule showing all schools and their testing will be available periodically until we complete SBAC. Your patience is appreciated.
Celebrations and Worth Noticing -
Check out the pictures below on the happenings across ICEF!