Vista Oaks - Lodi
A great place for your child to grow...
Weekly Update for November 20, 2015
Important Upcoming Dates
Midterm Graduation Reception
- Monday, December 14
Last Day of the Fall Semester
- Thursday, December 17
- Friday, December 18 - Tuesday, January 5
- Tuesday, January 5
State Testing Technology Skills Practice
One of the challenges for students taking our state tests are that they're all computerized now. It's expected that students know how to scroll through information, drag and drop, and access icons for help. To make sure your younger children are prepared (testing begins in 3rd grade), check out this website! It was created by a technology teacher in Brentwood Schools, Jennifer Derita. At the top of the page you will find links to fun games and activities that offer "CAASP" (the new "STAR" acronym) practice by grade level.
This site also includes great educational resources and fun technology lessons to do with your students. Enjoy!
Update: K - 6th Grades
- K-6- Holiday party is scheduled for December 16th, 9:30-12:00. We will have holiday crafts, games, pizza, and treats. -Please contact your teacher if you would like to contribute any craft or food items for the holiday party-
- We are wrapping up the fall semester in just a few weeks. Please encourage your child to finish strong with all of their work.
- If you are interested in any special field trips for the spring semester, please contact DeDe Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to provide engaging field trips for our Vista Oaks students.
Update: 7th - 8th Grades
- Please help! Our middle school art class needs some yarn. If you have ANY yarn that is of ANY color, we will put it to very good use in our art class. Thank you!
- There are only two weeks left in the fall semester. Do your very best work and finish strong!
Know Someone Who Might Be Interested in Vista Oaks?
We are accepting applications for the Spring Semester! Know someone who might be interested in learning about Vista Oaks Charter School? Feel free to forward the Weekly Updates or have them call our office at 365-4060.