Computer Lab Ideas
Kid Pix or Paint - Design a flag
Students design a flag that represent them. Student can use either Kid Pix or Paint to design their flag.
Older students can write about their flag. Why they picked the colors, the symbols, and the shape of the flag? Why do they feel the flag represents them?
Go to http://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/world-flags.html for facts about flags.
Kindergarten - 2nd grade
Kidspiration - I am thankful...
3rd - 5th Grade
Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- Write a made-up story about Thanksgiving using the following words: turkey, family, football, and happiness.
- What would happen if you got so full of food on Thanksgiving that you could hardly move? What would your family say?
- After hearing the phone ring, you pick it up to talk to the person on the other line. Only, it's not a person calling at all, it's the Thanksgiving turkey! What does the turkey have to say and how do you respond?
- Who is the most interesting person you've talked with at a Turkey Day dinner? Was it a distant relative? A family friend? What made him or her so unique?
- What is your favorite food to eat on Turkey Day and why is it your top choice? What is your least favorite Thanksgiving food and why don't you like it?
- You have gone back in time to the first Turkey Day! How is the inaugural holiday different from the way your family celebrates the holiday?
- How would your Turkey Day feast be different if you had to cook all the food yourself? Who would you ask to help you and why?
- What are you the most thankful for this year and why are you so grateful? What do you think your family members are the most thankful for?
- At the first Turkey Day, the American Indians helped the pilgrims to find and grow food for a feast. Who is someone who has helped you to do something? How did you thank this person for his or her help?
- Continue this story. She opened the cupboards and let out a scream. You rushed over to help and looked. Someone had taken every last bit of food on Thanksgiving morning. The holiday was ruined, unless you could come up with a plan...
Creating QR codes - labeling parts of a cell
Go to http://www.qrstuff.com to create QR codes. Make sure to pick plain text. After the text is entered, click download code then push the open button. Right click to code and choose copy then go to PowerPoint and paste the code.
Contact your friendly ITRT for help with any of the lessons you see here or any ideas you have for a lesson. :)