The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, January 4, 2016
Events This Week!
Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible!
Wednesday for a NGSS training at GISD
OBSERVATIONS / EVALUATION PROCESS UPDATE!
Round 1 of our Observations are done and I will continue with Round 2 this week. The 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (CP) Curriculum & Pedagogy and (CEC) Classroom Environment & Culture for our Round 2 observations. If I have my laptop it will be an observation; if I'm in the classroom without it, I'm just visiting! :-)
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observation Time - 10-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- The first two observations will be unannounced. The third observation may be scheduled as agreed upon by the teacher and administrator.
- We will have a Dimension focus during each observation (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that the Noticings and Wonderings will be derived.
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- NWEA Testing Window begins for the Winter Benchmark. The testing window is Jan. 11-27.
- Our January Staff Meeting is Tuesday, Jan. 12 beginning at 7:35am in the Media Center
- School Improvement Team Meeting on Thursday, Jan. 14 beginning at 7:30am
- Brainstormers Assembly, Thursday, Jan. 14 in the Cafetorium (K-2 at 9am, 3-5 at 10am)
- Hungry Howie's Pizza Night on Thursday, Jan. 14
- Popcorn Day is Friday, Jan. 15
DOWN THE ROAD...
- No School on Monday, January 18 for MLK Day
- There are Half Days for students on Thursday, Jan. 28 and Friday, Jan. 29
- The end of Semester 1 is Friday, Jan. 29