The Small Virtual Library
Back to School Edition
Welcome to the Small Virtual Library!
Welcome to the FIRST Small Virtual Library of the 2021-22 school year!
Each month I will send out a Smore with any library news and a list of books typically with a common theme, genre, or author.
Important info about each Smore:
- Each book cover will link to a video book trailer or book review so be sure to click on them!
- I will also list where you can access each book (in person and/or online) under each cover.
This month's virtual library is all about back to school and how you can start your year off with plenty of places to find amazing books and ebooks!
Need something? Stop by the library OR contact me via email (you will find my contact info at the bottom of the Smore) or checkout my library Blend page! (All students should have this on their Blend Dashboard)
Small Library Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- You may visit the library in the morning after the bell at 8:00 am and after school until 4:00.
- You may visit the library AFTER you eat lunch (starting week 2) just pick up a library pass in the cafeteria.
- You may visit the library during class as long as you have your teacher's permission and a signed pass with the time on it.
This button will allow you to search for physical books in the Small Library
Here are some videos to help you get started with ebooks:
This Month's Back to School Book Recommendations:
More Ideas for WHAT to read below:
2021 Lone Star Book List
Click the Lone Star logo to see the entire Lone Star Book List.
The Lone Star Reading List is developed by public and school librarians from the Young Adult Round Table. The purpose of the list is to encourage students in grades 6, 7, or 8 to explore a variety of current books.
THESE BOOKS ARE ALL AVAILABE IN THE SMALL LIBRARY AND ON SORA
2021 Maverick Graphic Novel List
Click the Maverick logo to see the entire 2020 Maverick list.
The Texas Maverick Graphic Novels Reading List (TMGNRL) is a recommended reading list developed by public and school librarians from the Young Adult Round Table (YART).
MANY OF THESE TITLES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE SMALL LIBRARY AND ON SORA
Just for fun!
Want an eBook we don't have on one of our online platforms? Click the button above to request it!
Connect with the Small Librarian, Ms. Sylvia
You are welcome to visit me in person, email me, or message me in Blend and I will respond during the school day.