The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
December 16th, 2018
FROM OUR STUDENT COUNCIL...
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
It is here, the week before WINTER BREAK! This is always a very stressful time of year, but I hope you use today's weather as an excuse to cozy up and relax. Here are a few notes for the upcoming week and for Winter Break. We will conclude this week with an EARLY RELEASE day on Friday - along with a school concert to celebrate our musicians. I will be sharing a little thought with our students to remember over this break. The quote comes from the Broadway Musical, "Dear Evan Hansen" and the song, "You Will Be Found".
"YOU ARE NOT ALONE"
Although we are apart for several days, we want everyone to know that "YOU ARE NOT ALONE". We are here for you. On behalf of the entire Crossroads South Family, thank you for a wonderful 2018 and we cannot wait to see what 2019 has in store for us all!
- EARLY RELEASE DAY: This Friday, December 21st, is an Early Release Day! Happy Winter Break!
- WINTER CONCERT SERIES: We have had two beautiful concerts and look forward to our last concert this Thursday.
DECEMBER 20th - CHORAL CONCERT 7pm @ SBHS
- TRIMESTER 1 ENDS/T2 BEGINS: Report Cards will be officially posted on Genesis tomorrow, MONDAY, DECEMBER 17th.
- THANK YOU FOR GIVING: We have had several initiatives this past month and your kindness has been overwhelming. Thank you for all you shared for the Holiday Food Drive, and for the Student Council fundraiser to support the California Wildfires. We are truly blessed to have such a giving community.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Now is a great time to open the conversation with your child regarding his/her appropriate use of technology and the digital profile they are creating on social media. Please remind your children that their behavior online holds consequences. Use these tools for good!
- AFTERSCHOOL: As a reminder, students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in a school-sponsored club, activity, or event. This includes students staying as spectators of our athletic program. Please note that they must stay with that event and they are not permitted to go anywhere off campus. Please feel free to call Administration with any specific questions.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students have left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. Thank you for your understanding.
Go to this link for a wealth of up-to-date resources from our School Nurses, Jennifer Duvelsdorf & Janice Royer.
- 12/17 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Chorus) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/21 - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
- 1/2 - RETURN TO SCHOOL
- 1/3 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 1/8 - Gettysburg Parent Meeting @ SOUTH 6:30pm
- 1/9 - PTO Meeting @ NORTH 7:00pm **SPECIAL PRESENTATION: VAPING**
- 1/11 - 7th Grade Trip
- 1/14 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 1/18 - Mobile Dentist Visit
- 1/21 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. DAY
- 1/24 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- 2/4 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 2/8 - SCHOOL MUSICAL @ 7:00pm
- 2/9 - SCHOOL MUSICAL @ 2:00pm
- 2/12 - Staff vs. Student Basketball Game (after school)
- 2/14 - Author Visit
- 2/18 - NO SCHOOL - President's Day
- 2/19 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm