10 facts about the Big Bang
- Scientist think the galaxy started in the big bang.
- Scientist think it happened 14 million years ago.
- Before the big bang happened the entire Universe was inside a bubble thousands of times smaller than a pinhead.
- The bubble exploded and the Universe was born.
- Time, space, and matter all began with the big bang.
- All in a second the Universe grew from the pinhead to bigger than a galaxy.
- And it grew at a fantastic rate.
- In 3 minutes it dropped below 1 billion degrees.
- After 300,000 years the universe cooled to about 3000 degrees.
- The universe filled with with clouds of hydrogen and helium gas.