We hope everyone had a great summer (you earned it TENFOLD!) and feel rested and ready to kick off a spectacular school year!
Keep reading to discover updates from our providers, upcoming training sessions, new flyers, and more!
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with TexQuest Resources
- TeachingBooks: Visit the 37 Kidlit and YA Titles in Honor of Hispanic Heritage Month List, sponsored by School Library Journal, and share a meet-the-author recording or book reading, or view the book guides activities and lessons.
- EBSCO: Share a permalink of unlimited, simultaneous access books with students, parents, and teachers: K-8 titles or High School .
- Gale: Visit any of the topic pages to learn more about a specific country, explorer, or author. These are just a few of our favorites: YuYi Morales, Cesar Chavez, and Sonia Sotomayor.
- Learn360: Share this video of Famous Hispanic Americans or select a different video from this extensive list.
- Britannica: Learn about Hispanic Americans in this article that includes images, videos, and maps.
- ProQuest: Read or listen to this magazine article about Hispanic Heritage Month that includes a map, and a quiz to check for understanding.
*If prompted for a username/password, you may use your district or charter school credentials, or reach out to TexQuest Support at the email listed below.
Each of these games can be played for favorite books, or you can select titles of interest based on grade levels, cultural experiences, genres, and more.
Games are available as part of the For Fun collection of book connections. Enjoy!
Also new, selected articles from News-O-Matic, written for children, will begin appearing very soon.
EBSCO LearningExpress has added new released STAAR practice exams for grades 5 and 8 Science, and grade 8 Social Studies.
Video tutorials on how to integrate LearningExpress in Schoology or Canvas are available in EBSCO LibGuides.
Did you know?
Visit their individual support pages to learn more: https://texquest.net/welcome/providersupport
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission administers all aspects of the TexQuest program and is responsible for the selection and coordination of all TexQuest resources, as well as district invoicing.
Education Service Center, Region 20 serves as the TexQuest Support Center and is responsible for help desk, technical assistance, outreach, communication, and training to support the program.