January 9, 2022
Messages from Principal Lefere
Sandi Watkins has started as our part-time school counselor. She served most recently as the counselor at Holmes Middle School. Sandi is very excited to be supporting the students at Howbert and we are very happy to have her join our community.
UPDATE: COVID Guidelines
The most updated information about changes in COVID guidelines can be found on the district's Return to Learn webpage.
Here are two of the changes:
Quarantines for Household Contacts
For household members who cannot quarantine separately from the ill household member, quarantine would begin after the ill individual has completed their 10-day isolation period (day 11) or 5-day isolation (day 6) if asymptomatic on day 5. This quarantine could be upwards of 15 days. Please review the COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Guidance. To determine the return date, please contact your school nurse.
Updated guidance from El Paso County shortens the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to five days, if the individual has no symptoms on day five. If using the 5-day isolation individuals can return to school the following day with a mask through day 10. Individuals still symptomatic on day five must complete the 10-day isolation from the onset of symptoms. See COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Guidance for additional details.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please do not hesitate to contact the front office.
30TH ST. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT UPDATE
- Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 12th, and lasting for about one week, you will not be able to turn north off of Fontenero St. onto 31st St.
- The detour is north on 30th St and then use Westmoor to access 31st St.
- See the detour map linked below.
UPDATE CONTACT INFORMATION
It is very important that we have the most up to date contact information for each of the students at Howbert.
You can check or update your contact information by:
- Logging into PowerSchool Parental Portal at https://www.d11.org/PowerSchool
- Contacting the front office at Howbert, 328-4000
Howbert Guiding Coalition (SAC)
Howbert Guiding Coalition (SAC)
- We will be having a special Guiding Coalition meeting on Thursday, January 13th.
- In an effort to provide a better opportunity for families to attend, we will have two meeting times; one at 8:15 a.m. and another at 5:00 p.m. Families can also choose to join either meeting virtually via Webex (https://cssd11.webex.com/cssd11/j.php?MTID=m3221053bd5db5b5bb97df72291c99a14).
- During the Guiding Coalition meeting I will be presenting information about District 11's Academic Master Plan and school pathways. I will then ask for questions and feedback about Howbert's possible application to become a pathway for outdoor education.
Mrs. Ellis's students are very talented painters!
Outside Story Time
Mr. Starkey's class enjoyed a sunny story time
Big kids helping out
A second grader was a guest reader in Mrs. Ellis's class.
Howbert is seeking volunteers to help with a variety of activities in our school! Each week, we will list volunteer opportunities here. There will either be a link to sign up or you can always give the school a call and we'll be happy to help.
- Volunteers needed to help with VISION & HEARING SCREENINGS of students all day on Jan. 31 and Feb 1. You can sign up HERE https://bit.ly/JanHealth22 .
- We need WATCH DOG Dads! Learn all about this awesome program HERE.
❤The gift of your time is priceless to our students❤
The Howbert PTO meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4pm. We will be meeting in-person but will also have a virtual option for those that would prefer to attend on WebEx.
*** Our next meeting is on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 4pm. ***
We would love to see you at the meetings! It is a great way to share your thoughts, hear about happenings in the school and support the Howbert staff and students. And you don't have to commit to anything! Come to as many or as few meetings as works for you and your schedule.
📞Howbert Contact Info📱
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm
Front Office: email@example.com
Tech Help: firstname.lastname@example.org