News from 1A
Week of September 22nd-26th
Coming Up Next Week
-Monday Sept 22nd- P.E. Day (wear tennis shoes)
Please return bag/information of community supplies. Note about it went home on Friday!
-Tuesday Sept 23rd- Music
-Wednesday Sept 24th- P.E. Day (wear tennis shoes)
-Thursday Sept 25th- Art
Please bring an apple to school by Thursday.
-Friday Sept 26th- Runner's Club (wear tennis shoes)
Return guided reading books, folders, and bags.
Family Friday at Lunch! You are welcome to come eat lunch with your first grader :)
Johnny Appleseed Day!
Playing Charades with Action Verbs!!
What are we learning?
ELA focus: Daily 5, Guided Reading, Character, and Plot of a Story, Writing 5 Star Sentences
Math: Place Value, Skip Counting, Decomposing Numbers, Number Bonds, Number Comparisons
Social Studies: Communities, Community Scrapbook
Family Writing Final Draft!
Spelling Words and Spelling Tests!! (Please read!!)
- Each week, I will add new spelling words on this newsletter for you to work at home with your child. Like I said on Curriculum Night, your child will bring home a Spelling Journal next Monday.
- They will be given a list of spelling words each week that they are ENCOURAGED (not required) to practice these words at home 3 times a week. The words will be listed in the newsletter, also your child will copy down the spelling list to bring home in their Guided Reading Folder every Monday.
- A spelling menu is inside the cover of the journal for students to choose fun ways to practice!
- Every Friday there will be a spelling test over the words that were sent home. These tests are graded, just a check in to see if students are meeting the spelling standards and if they are ready to move on to the next spelling pattern.
- If you should have any questions, please let me know!
This week's Spelling List:
do, look, was, yellow, you
Congrats Aayana on VIP of the Week!!
Bring an Apple to School
If you would like to receive reminders for our classroom via text message- PLEASE join our class in Remind 101. It's super easy- here's how:
To join: Send a text to (817) 984-5365 with the message @206707
That's it! You will now receive updates and reminders via text message from me!! :)
Dates For Your Calendar
-Sept 22nd- Please send back Community Supplies: Pictures, and artifacts
-Sept 25th- Please bring an apple to school by this date.
-Octovber 10- NO SCHOOL- Fall Parent Conference Day
-October 13th- NO SCHOOL