Week of October 12 - 16
- FIELD TRIP on Thursday! Buses leave at 8:30am, so please do not be late and have your child eat breakfast at home that day. Chaperones, please check in at your child's classroom by 8:10am.
- Please return book baggies/envelopes back daily with barcoded books inside.
- Continue to practice tying shoes and memorizing lunch number at home.
- Don't forget to fill out your BookIt calendar each night as you and your child read so your child will receive a certificate for a free Pizza Hut pizza at the end of the month!
- Remember to return homework notebooks each Friday.
- October 12th - NO SCHOOL, Columbus Day
- October 15th - Carter Mountain Orchard Field Trip
- October 16th - Report Cards Go Home
- October 19th-23rd - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 19th-23rd - Fall Book Fair
- October 22nd, 5pm - PTA Meeting
- October 23rd - Grandparents' Day
- October 30th - Dress Like Your Favorite Storybook Character Day
- November 13th, 5-8pm - Fall Festival (rescheduled)
This Week's Learning Goals
- use pictures to make predictions. (Reading SOLs: K.9c, K.10a)
- write my first name. (Writing SOL: K.11b)
- draw a picture. (Writing SOL: K.12a,b)
- copy and extend a repeating pattern. (Math SOL: K.16)
- tell about the needs of a plant to survive. (Science SOL: K.7b)
- investigate the varied life cycles of plants. (Science SOL: K.7c)