How Do CO2 Lasers Work?
History of the CO2 Laser
1970s- CO2 lasers were made in the USA and USSR and used articulated arms for laser beam delivery to target tissue.
1970 to 1980- Flexible wave guides for CO2 lasers were invented by Dr. Kathy Laakmann-Crothall. It was a crucial component.
1988 to 1997- The best selling laser made in the USA by the Luxar Corporation, the company was founded Laakmann.
Pros and Cons of Laser Resurfacing
- Minimizes sun damage, acne scars, and fine lines
- Improves skin texture and evens skin tone
- Tightening of skin
- Improved pores
- Appearance of slight elevation of cheeks
- Adds overall glow to skin
- Small risk of scarring
- Mild discomfort during or after procedure
- Time of healing usually 2 weeks