By Grace Bowden
1. When outdoors during a thunderstorm, they may suffer excessive anxiety. When indoors, they may hide or cover their ears.
2. Other effects include a rapid heartbeat, sweating, and an intense sensation of fear, which increases until a person feels ill.
1. Exposure Therapy
4. Behavioral Therapy
5. Relaxation Techniques
1. Brontophobia is the 10th Most Common Phobia in the United States.
2. Only 2% of the U.S. is effected
3. Often, this fear develops at a young age, but this phobia can begin at any age.
4. About 15% of animals suffer from brontophobia or other sound sensitive anxieties. 95% of these sound sensitivities are attribited to Brontophobia.
5. Madonna suffers from Brontophobia