Mary's Mount Primary School
Welcome to 2021
We hope you have enjoyed the wonderful holiday break and feel refreshed and ready for the start of school next week.
As your new principal, I am thrilled and honoured to be a partner with you on your child's learning journey and I am so looking forward to meeting all of you. I am excited to be leading a school that will provide an education experience that is Christ-centred and student focussed within a loving, supportive and collaborative community. My first impressions of Mary's Mount Primary School is that of a connected and welcoming community in unity. We have a committed staff who have dedicated many holiday hours to ensure that everything is well prepared and ready for the children's return to school next week.
My intention is to regularly share our school's story with the community and I plan to highlight the amazing learning taking place via our Facebook page. I trust that this will make everyone feel connected and involved in the children's learning.
Below you will find some important information before school begins to help you prepare and be ready for the first week of school.
My door is always open so please pop in to meet me. In the meantime here is a little insight into who I am.
Enjoy the weekend and we look forward to seeing you on Monday.
Like you, the thing I value the most is my family. I have two children, Abi age 20 and Angus age 16. Abi is studying Social Work at Curtin University and Angus is heading into Year 11 at CBC, Fremantle. This is a photo of my husband, Cameron and our children at Christmas at one of our favourite restaurants.
Vision and Values
- I want Christ to be alive in our school, with Jesus prominently at the heart and centre of every decision we make and every interaction we have with one another.
- I want every child to live from a place of being loved, where their individuality and God-given gifts and talents are honoured, nurtured and developed.
- I believe in creating a school environment where students and staff feel safe and excited to come to school every day, to explore their potential and be engaged in their learning.
- I want our children to have a solid and rich foundation in literacy and numeracy skills while also being provided with opportunities to develop their character and citizenship so that they will be equipped to handle what they are called to be and to do.
- I value collaboration with students, parents, staff, and community members.
- I place a high priority on making families feel welcome.
COVID -19 UPDATE
MMPS COVID-19 GUIDELINES 2021
At the outset of the 2021 school year, it is important that we reflect on the extraordinary challenges our school faced last year – learning to operate within stringent guidelines, rapidly pivoting to remote teaching and learning and finding creative and inspired ways to maintain a sense of community through the disruptions that COVID-19 brought. The commitment of the Mary's Mount Primary School community enabled students to navigate through a challenging school year with gratitude, kindness and resilience.
Welcome to the School Year - 2021
Pre Kindy - Pre-Primary
- Children can be walked to class by a parent or carer.
- Educators will meet you outside the classroom.
- Children will be able to spend time saying goodbye before educators move children in to the room.
- Parents and carers are encouraged to move on once your child is in the care of the MMPS educators.
- We are all responsible in our response to physical distancing in the congested space of a classroom drop off zone.
- Children can be walked to the classroom or dropped at kiss and drive.
- Educators will meet you at the door and children will say goodbye and proceed inside.
- Parent and carers are encouraged to move on once your child is in the care of the MMPS educators.
- At pick up time, where possible, please utilise the kiss and drive areas to minimise the number of parents on site.
Late arrivals, early departures, day appointments or delivery of forgetten lunches
- All late arrivals after 8.50am and early departures before 3.10pm are to present to the school office. Where previously advised, we will aim to have your child waiting in the school office.
- Parents are requested to not visit the classrooms during the school day, but present to the office to sign in as a visitor and for direction from staff depending on the circumstances of your visit.
Mary's Mount Primary School follows good personal hygiene practices and additional cleaning regimes:
- High frequency cleaning continues throughout the school day to ensure all high-use areas, such as benchtops, desks, doorknobs, taps and hand rails are regularly cleaned and surfaces disinfected.
- Supplies of soap, hand sanitiser and other cleaning agents are on hand when required.
- Students and staff are encouraged to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser as often as possible.
If you have any questions about these processes, please contact the school office.
TERM 1, WEEK 1 2021 CALENDAR
- 4K - Y6 - Students commence Term 1
Tuesday 2 February
- Students & Staff - Whole School Mass
Wednesday 3 February
- Italian commences
Thursday 4 February
Friday 5 February
- Canteen Closed
- No Assembly
KEY DATES FOR 2021
Monday 1 February - Thursday 1 April
Monday 19 April - Friday 2 July
Monday 19 July - Friday 24 September
Monday 11 October - Friday 10 December
KEY DATES FOR 2021
2 February - MMPS 100 Year Birthday
9 February - Parent Information Night - Whole School, 5pm start
13 February - P&F Big Splash Welcome Day
7 March - Breakfast in the Park
22 May - 100 Year Anniversary Dinner
17 June - 100 Mass @ St Mary's Cathedral
** CLICK ON THE DOCUMENT BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE CURRENT TERM PLANNER. DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK HERE FOR THE MOST CURRENT PLANNER WHICH IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON OUR SCHOOL WEBSITE **
Plans are well under way for our 100 Year Gala Dinner to be held at Burswood on Swan. Ticket sales and details will be available in February so start planning your table. You won't want to miss this event!
BEGINNING OF THE YEAR GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING
- Please remember, all students are to have a school hat and water bottle clearly labelled with their name every day at school. Drink fountains are for filling up water bottles only.
- PP-Y6 School Times: 8.30am Classes Open / 8.50am School Starts / 10.50am - 11.10am Recess / 12.40pm - 1pm Students Free Play / 1pm - 1.20pm Lunch / 3.10pm School Ends
- Students arrriving after 8.50am and leaving before 3.10pm must be signed in / out by a parent or guardian via the school office.
- Student absences, late arrivals, early departures or appointments should be emailed to your child's class teacher so a record can be maintained to meet our compliance requirements.
- 2021 School Fee Invoices will be emailed home next week (Week 1) with payment option details.
- A number of permission forms will be sent home next week with the eldest child at school. Families are to sign and return these forms to school by the due date on the letter.
- Remember to keep your contact details up to date with the school office. Any changes to your email, address or phone number should be notified in writing via email to email@example.com.
Please contact the school office with any enquiries you may have at any time via 9290 5200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for 2021.
UNIFORM SHOP - 2021 (email@example.com)
UNIFORM SHOP ONLINE ORDERS COLLECTION DATES
Thursday 28 January 2021 - 2pm to 4pm
Friday 29 January 2021 - 9am to 11am
Collection of uniforms will be available from outside the uniform shop.
Due to the size of the uniform shop, only one family at a time will be allowed entry into the uniform shop to check on sizing if required. Online orders are preferred. Should an incorrect size be ordered, unused items with tags still attached can be exchanged for the correct size if required.
If purchasing on the day, no cash will be accepted. EFTPOS and Credit Card payments only.
Any families who need to contact the uniform shop, or will need to try on sizing, please email us so arrangements can be made.
EMAIL -> firstname.lastname@example.org
ORDER ONLINE HERE -> https://quickcliq.com.au/Default.aspx
WELCOME BACK FROM THE P&F P&F
Welcome back to school, in this our 100th anniversary year! We are so pleased to welcome our new Principal, Mrs Emma Bell, our new Assistant Principal, Mrs Erin Leech, our new Pre-Primary Teacher Miss Samantha Romeo and all of the new families that are joining our MMPS family this year. Welcome!
Although challenging, our P&F Committee had a very successful year in raising funds for the school in 2020, whilst also coordinating activities where our families were able to come together, create new friendships and enjoy themselves. The key events we held last year included our Parent Night, School Disco, Fathers Day Stall and Raffle, Gourmet Cookie Dough Fundraiser, School Lunch Days, Lapathon, Cliqfrenzy Fundraiser, Sci-tech visit and Welcome Back Gift Packs. Special thanks to all of those parents who supported these initiatives or volunteered their time coordinating these events. It was very much appreciated!
Our first event of the year will be our 'Big Splash Welcome Back' event on Saturday 13th February from 3-6pm at the School Oval. This event is FREE to attend for all families. A sausage sizzle dinner, drinks and ice-blocks will be available to purchase on the day so come on down for some fun and to meet other MMPS families. It's sure to be a great afternoon out.
This year's Breakfast in the Park will be held on Sunday 7th March and is looking to be a great event. More information and how you can be involved will be sent out to all families in the coming weeks. This is our largest fundraiser for the year so we need all hands on deck for what is set to be a sparkling morning out for all.
Our first P&F Meeting of 2021 will take place this year from 1.30pm on Wednesday 10th February at the school. If your New Year's Resolution was to do something new and interesting, actively contribute to your child's education, meet new people and have some fun... then the P&F is for you! We're positive, proactive and productive - and we'd love you to join us! You don't need to take on a formal position or attend every meeting - just come to those meetings that you can. Little ones are welcome to join us and we'll be looking at keeping our meetings to just an hour this year, with an on-line option to join us also available too.
Wishing you all the very best for a wonderful 2021!
Yours in education,
MMPS P&F Committee
HOLY FAMILY PARISH
Mary’s Mount Primary School is the parish school for Holy Family Church in Kalamunda.
Fr Suresh celebrates mass at the beginning of each term, for solemnities and special feast days and offers reconciliation to students who are preparing to receive their Sacraments.
Parish Priest : Fr Antony Suresh
Parish Secretary : Louisa Sizer