Feb. 5, 2016
At a Glance- Chinese New Year and Presidents' Day
Monday, Feb. 8th we will be celebrating Chinese New Year in our class-the year of the monkey. Chicken fried rice will be provided as well as traditional Chinese New Year celebration activities.
Monday, Feb. 15th there will be no school (Presidents' Day)
Life Skills-Art-Technology: Homestyler Project
Welcome home! Students are designing their ideal home using an online program called Homestyler. Using an online canvas, students add rooms, furnish their living spaces and landscape their front/back yards. The idea of the project is to incorporate art, technology and life skill application. Once students have designed their home and furnished each room, they will print out an inventory list of their decor, appliances and furniture and research the cost of each item. This number will give the students an idea of what it could potentially cost to furnish a home and purchase the necessary appliances needed in order to make a home function. Students will also collaborate as small groups, positively critique each other's work and at the end present their lovely home to the class. Check out some of the designs so far!
Designs By Ariel
Designs by Jonathan
Community Outing Fun
We had a fun time on our field trip!
Calendar of Events
SCHOOL CALENDAR EVENTS
- Monday, February 15th-Presidents Day NO SCHOOL TODAY
- Friday, February, 19th-Progress Report #2 will be sent out
- Thursday, March 17th-Teacher Work day HALF DAY, students dismissed at 12 p.m.
- Monday, April 11th - Friday, April 15th-Spring Break NO SCHOOL THIS WEEK
- Monday, April 18th-School resumes
- Friday, May 13th-Progress Report #3 will be sent out
- Saturday, May 21st-Bike to Bay Fundraiser
- Monday, May 30th-Memorial Day NO SCHOOL TODAY
- Tuesday, Feb. 2nd-Mollie Stones
- Tuesday, Feb. 9th-Target
- Tuesday, Feb. 16th-AAH Happy Farm
- Tuesday, Feb. 23rd-In-N-Out Burger