BW HAL Services
A Support System for Teachers by Teachers
Need To Know...Final Reminder!
- TEACHERS PLEASE ADVISE: Sharing Successful Individual Strategies: Please finish the process of submitting strategies that you have used with your HAL students. The form that you need to fill out for each of your HAL students can be found below. We have emailed you a form to make submitting these strategies a quick and easy process. Both Nicole Menard and Megan Brewer are available during GPS to come to your room to help you with this process.
- Want to Generate a list of all of your current HAL students? Directions For Accessing a List of Your HAL Students in View Point:
-log in: first name.last name
-generic password (if you haven't changed it): password
-click on "student demographic explorer" (on the left side menu)
-scroll over to "gifted"
-click the icon next to gifted and select "yes" to filter
-This will produce an alphabetized list of your HAL students
- Peer Tutoring Center: We have had great success with the Peer Tutoring Program. Please continue to use room 351 during GPS next year as a support/resource for your students regarding any or all of the following:
-additional comprehension practice
-note taking skills
-reviewing prior knowledge and assessments
Click on the link above to open a google form where you can enter strategies you have used with each of your current HAL students. Please complete this with each HAL student you have by MAY. Thanks for your support.
- First Day, Next Year: HAL will be incorporated into the Freshmen/New Student first day schedule so that students are aware of the HAL resource room (351), services provided peer tutoring program and seminars held throughout the year. A selected amount of current HAL students will also serve as mentors for the new students.
- THANK YOU to those teachers who have submitted the information regarding HAL students and strategies. This information will be incorporated into Power School this summer and will be a powerful piece of information regarding your students and their needs/talents in the classroom next year. Below, you can find directions on how to access this information beginning in August.
- Directions For Accessing Individualized "HAL Services Information" in Power School:
- Newsletter Feedback: We hope that this newsletter has been a communicative and resourceful tool for staff. Feel free to email Megan Brewer and/or Nicole Menard with any suggestions or feedback for next year.
Need help with a differentiation strategy? Have concerns about a specific student identified to receive HAL Services? Do you have a general question about BW HAL Services that we could answer or direct you to someone who can? CLICK ABOVE