Warrior Staff Update
June 22, 2020
From Mrs. Lay...
Hope your summer is off to a great start and you are getting to rest, relax, and have a little fun in the midst of such uncertain times! You may be feeling a bit like the picture above, I think we all are. Last week Governor Abbott declared that we will be returning to school in the fall. Hopefully TEA will release guidelines about our safe return SOON. In the meantime we do have summer school guidelines, and we are working and planning for summer learning.
Hats off to our outstanding custodial team for their work done in the building this summer. All classrooms are cleaned and ready to go! Sandy and I continue to work from home but will begin transitioning back to more time at school as needed. Several of you have reached out to me about coming up to your classroom and getting to work! We have a few room changes happening and we want to get those done before summer school begins. If you are moving classrooms or are ready to come up to your room and start working, please email, call, or text and let me know when you are planning to come up. That will help us work to limit the number of people in the building at one time.
The district has composed guidelines for returning to work that we will follow also when returning to school (See Dr. Rollo's email).
Self screen yourself before coming to work for any of the COVID-19 symptoms
Fever greater than 100
New acute cough
New shortness of breath/breathing difficulties
Muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, diarrhea or loss of smell or taste
Have been around anyone who has been sick with cough and/or fever and has traveled outside of Lubbock within the last 14 days
Have you come in contact with someone who is a confirmed positive COVID-19 within the last 14 days
“High At Risk” employees or employees with symptoms should stay home.
- Masks shall be worn walking to/from your classroom. They will also be worn any time you are in the hallways or common areas. Also, in meetings where more than 3 people are gathered- masks are recommended to be worn. Masks can be removed if social distancing spacing is in place. Masks can be removed while working in your classroom by yourself.
- Restrooms- minimize touch points and use the paper towels to protect from touching sinks, etc.
- Wash or disinfect upon entering a classroom and after any interaction with others in the building.
- Wipe down any office equipment after each use, including door knobs, copy machines, and office equipment.
- If traveled outside of Lubbock - Use your judgement based on your activities while you traveled.
- No children or guests allowed in the building at this time.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me. See you soon. ~ Brandi
Kindergarten TA position available
- July 8- Summer school training
- July 9- Data Driven Instruction training with CALS
- July 13-30 Summer School
- August 3-4 Summer Leadership Institute (CALS)-blended model (virtual/campus based/ & LHS)
- August 5-7 New Teacher Academy
- August 10- Staff back on duty
- August 12- Content Focus Session (virtual)
- August 13- Open House-change in format
- August 17- First day of school