June 7 - June 11
A Note from the Principal
Our planning for 2021-2022 is in full swing. We have conducted our school surveys to get feedback on this year and make improvements for next year. We plan to do many things digitally and that will require you to stay connected throughout the summer. In order to provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding next year I will need you to do 4 things before the school year ends:
- Complete the 2021-2022 Student Information Sheet - If you completed a paper copy, thank you, and forgive me for my antiquated ways. Please do the digital version as well. The link is below.
- Make sure you are on Class Dojo - This is the only way your child's new teacher will be able to reach out to you in September. If you have not put this app on your phone please do so now.
- Familiarize yourself with the school website, ps233.org. Throughout the summer we will post important updates about next year and the supply lists for each grade. Supply lists will be posted by mid-July.
- Make sure you have the Health Screening app downloaded on your or your child's phone for easier access during morning arrival.
Completing these four tasks will make the return to school smooth and stress free!
Stay safe and healthy!
The application for Summer Rising at PS 233 is now open. Summer Rising is a program designed to help students transition back to in person learning. It will incorporate classroom instruction and extra-curricular activities. Summer Rising will be in person, and open to all students. The program will take place Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm, from July 6 to August 20. I urge you to take advantage of the program and allow your child the chance to use the summer to transition back into in person learning.
Apply as soon as possible at this link https://discoverdycd.dycdconnect.nyc/home. Like summer school in year's past, our school will welcome students from other district 18 schools. I would like as many of our children as possible to take advantage of the opportunity so don't wait!
Dates to Remember
- June 8: Clerical Day - Schools closed
- June 18: Virtual Awards Ceremony for Grade 5 at 1:00pm
- June 22: Fifth Grade Graduation Ceremonies at 8:30am, 10:30am, and 12:00pm
- June 23: Pre-Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremonies: In person 9:00am; Virtual 11:45am
- June 23: Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremonies: Virtual at 9:15am; In person 10:30am
- June 25: Last day of school
- July 6: Summer Rising program begins at 8:00am
- New York State Science Examination - Grade 4 only - June 9
- June 7 - Funday Monday!: Asynchronous learning and fun activities; limited access to teachers
- June 8 - Clerical day--schools closed
- June 9-11 - In person instruction Wednesday through Friday
- June 14 - Funday Monday!: Asynchronous learning and fun activities; limited access to teachers
- June 15-18 - In person instruction Tuesday through Friday