Family News from the Nest
English Landing Elementary School
Friday, September 2, 2016
What's Happening at the NEST?
Monday, September 5, 2016: Labor Day! No School!
Tuesday, September 6, 2016: No School for Students! Professional Development Day!
Friday, September 9, 2016: English Landing SPIRIT Day! RED Friday! Wear RED to support the KC Chiefs!
Friday, September 9, 2016: Student Leadership Applications Due!
Thank you, English Landing PTA!
1. English Landing Student Lanyards: All of our students wear a navy blue English Landing lanyard with a break away strap. Our PTA paid for each student's lanyard. Thank you!
2. NEW Green Screen: Each morning, Mrs. Schneider and students create daily announcements. For the past few years, we have used green bulletin board paper which created a bit of a shine on graphics incorporated into our daily announcements. Thank you to our PTA for purchasing a fabric Green Screen for our announcement crew!
Park Hill School District Spelling Bee Information Meeting
Save the Date! Bike Night!
Eagles SOAR! What is SOAR?
Nicoli and Aidan pose for a SOAR picture for morning announcements earlier this week.
Eagles are LEADERS!
August 31, 2016: Student Leadership Applications go home with every Eagle!
September 9, 2016: Student Leadership Applications are DUE back to classroom teachers.
Week of September 19-23, 2016: Orientation for Student Leaders (at school during the day)
September 26, 2016: Student Leaders Officially BEGIN!
2016-2017 SAFETY Drill Summary
Please Review: Image & Contact Opt Out Process
We recently shared in the English Landing Back to School Family Newsletter the steps families need to take if you want your child to be included on the Image and Contact Information Opt Out List.
In the upcoming weeks, the English Landing PTA will organize a 2016-2017 School Directory to publish. This 2016-2017 School Directory will include family contact information (student name, parent name(s), address, phone number, e-mail) unless a family completes a 2016-2017 Park Hill School District Image/Contact Information Opt-Out Form. *Form available on the English Landing School website under Parent Resources.
2016-2017 Park Hill Parent/Student Handbook Reference (Pages 8-9):
Throughout the school year, the Park Hill School District and/or English Landing might take pictures or video and release personal information about students for promotion.
Examples might include but are not limited to:
· A special event or program at a school might be covered by a newspaper or television station, resulting in student interviews and pictures.
· Award-winning students might have their names and photos published in a local newspaper, a school newsletter, the districts “First Hand” e-newsletter, the districts “Park Hill Connection” newsletter or on Park Hill TV-Channel 18.
· The district or school might post pictures of school activities on webpages and social media.
If you do not want your child’s image or information used, please contact the English Landing office at 359-4370 to complete a Park Hill School District Image/Contact Information Opt-Out Form. *Form is also available on the English Landing School website under Parent Resources.
2016-2017 Elementary School Hours
8:20am First Bell Rings and Students Go To Grade Level Classroom
8:40am Tardy Bell Rings and School Officially Begins
3:30pm Evening Dismissal
Save the Dates: 2016-2017 Park Hill Elementary Early Release Dates
Park Hill STAR Awards
Park Hill Star Award
Our employees are the reason we are so successful here in the Park Hill School District, and we would like to recognize them for all they do for our students.
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee.
Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Please nominate a Park Hill Star today!
Park Hill Star nomination form
English Landing Elementary School - Building School Improvement Focus Areas
Building Successful Futures - Each Student - Every Day
English Landing Vision
Our vision is that all English Landing students will meet grade level expectations and demonstrate responsible citizenship.
English Landing Values
1. We will embrace a welcoming climate.
2. Safety will be a priority.
3. Students and staff will strive for excellence.
4. We will promote collaboration and community involvement.
5. Our school will model life skills.
6. Diverse cultures will be respected.
7. We will practice positive communication.
8. Our school will encourage leadership.
English Landing Strategic Focus Areas