4th Grade Newsletter
This Week's Learning
- I can solve multi-digit addition and subtraction.
Our work with addition and subtraction continued this week. We have practiced our multi-digit addition and subtraction all week, and will be post assessing next week! Our next unit of study is multiplication! Keep practicing those basic facts at home, they will come in handy with multiplication and division of multi-digit numbers!
- I can explain key ideas and details.
We are working on making connections to text with PAX by Sarah Pennypacker, this year's Global Read Aloud text. There are 3 types of connections. Text to Self: How am I like the character? Have I experienced something similar in my life? I've felt like the character when..... Text to Text: This reminds me of another book I read. This character is similar to another character from a book I read. These characters have a similar problem to the one in another book I read. Text to World: The events in this book remind me of something that is happening in the world today. This problem is similar to what's happening in the world.
- I can develop text types with a purpose. (Narrative)
- I can demonstrate conventions of standard English by capitalizing, punctuating, and spelling when writing.
- I can demonstrate grammar and usage of standard English when writing or speaking.
We are still plugging along with our natural disaster narratives. Students will peer edit and revise next week and it looks like we will get to see final products by conference time. We will be providing little input as teachers in order to provide you with a clear picture of where your student is at with their writing skills. Please take time to view and read these pieces during your visit for conferences.
- I can explain the perspectives on the American Constitution.
- I can explain the purposes of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- I can compare the 3 Branches of State Government.
Below you will find information about vendor booths and other helpful information!
Mrs. Lecuru and Ms. Jones will be there with our LuLaRoe collection!
Mark Your Calendars!
18: Picture Retakes
21: Haunted Hallways 5:30-6:30
26: Early Dismissal @ 1:15; Conferences
27: No School; Conferences
28: No School
31: No Patriot Fit Club
3: VIP Thanksgiving Lunch
9: Culver's Night (Ms. Jones working 5:00-6:00)
11: Early Dismissal @ 1:15
19: Hometown Holidays 10:00-4:00
23: No School
24: No School
25: No School
- Please sign up for a conference time if you haven't done so
- With the cooler weather on it's way, please insure that your child has adequate clothing for recess outdoors. If there is not precipitation and the wind chill/temperature is above 20 degrees, we go outside!
- Goal Notebooks should be coming home EVERY week on the last school day of the week for you to view and sign.
- Please stay connected via Google Classroom to your student's learning and success