What has Nixon done for us?
5 reasons why nixon is still strong
Accomplishments from Nixon that help our society
- Environmental Protection Agency- created for the purpose of protecting human health and the environment by writing and enforcing regulations based on laws passed by Congress
- Clean Water Act- restore and maintain the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the nation's waters by preventing point and nonpoint pollution sources, providing assistance to publicly owned treatment works for the improvement of wastewater treatment, and maintaining the integrity of wetlands
- Clean Air Act - requires the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop and enforce regulations to protect the public from airborne contaminants known to be hazardous to human health
- Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 - prohibits the taking of marine mammals, and enacts a moratorium on the import, export, and sale of any marine mammal, along with any marine mammal part or product within the United States
- Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974 - intended to ensure safe drinking water for the public. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is required to set standards for drinking water quality and oversee all states, localities, and water suppliers who implement these standards.