Dear ESS Families,
Mark Lord - Principal
Bethany Calado - Assistant Principal
Breakfast and Lunch
Modified Hybrid/In School
LUNCH & BREAKFAST MENUS
Elementary breakfast and lunch will be served to the student in the classroom. Because all meals need to be prepared and wrapped and delivered to classrooms in a very short amount of time, we will only be offering one lunch meal choice to start. Once we assess the needs and develop the process of classroom meal delivery, we look to offer more choices in a few weeks.
Thank you for your understanding.
***COLD LUNCH MEAL PLATE***
LUNCH STARTS TUESDAY, SEPT 8TH
Wrapped tray contains all 4 components: Protein, Grain, Vegetable, Fruit
Choice of Milk is served separately.
· Turkey & American Cheese Sandwich on a Bun
(Cheese Sandwich available for those who do not want Turkey)
· Crunchy Raw Vegetable of the Day
(For example: baby carrots or cucumber slices)
· Fruit of the day
(for example: apple slices or peach cup)
· Milk - choice of white or chocolate.
LUNCH PRICE = $1.75 Paid status, $.40 Reduced status, $0 for Free Status
MILK CAN PURCHASED IF BRINGING A LUNCH FROM HOME $ .50
***COLD BREAKFAST BAG MEAL***
BREAKFAST STARTS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH
Breakfast Bag consists of: Cereal, Fruit Punch 100% Juice, Graham Crackers
Choice of Milk is served separately: White or Chocolate
Additional fruit choice is available, changes daily.
Cereal in bag:
· Monday & Thursday: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
· Tuesday & Friday: Honey Nut Cheerios
Unfortunately, bags are made up before students arrive so, there is no choice available.
BREAKFAST PRICE = $1.00 Paid status, $.25 Reduced status, $0 for Free Status
PAYING FOR MEALS:
ONLINE PAYMENTS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, however, if you must send cash or check, we will take payments brought to school if they are in a sealed envelope marked with the students first and last name, homeroom and what the money should be used for ( lunch, milk breakfast...) NO CHANGE WILL BE GIVEN BACK; THE FULL AMOUNT YOU SEND IN WILL BE APPLIED TO THE STUDENTS ACCOUNT.
*****MENU IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME*****
Meal Pick Up for Remote & Virtual Learners ONLY
Registered Enfield Public Schools students learning while at home can obtain meals
from the school district. It will not be like it was in the spring, as all meals must
be assigned to a student ID who is registered in the Enfield Public School District.
Meals will be charged at the current student meal status rate.
Meal orders must be placed by 2pm the day before you pick up your meals.
What you need to know:
· Pre ordered meals can be picked up at Enfield High School on Monday and Wednesday between 8:30 am – 9:30 am. All student meals for all schools will be picked up at Enfield High School near the auditorium entrance (there will be signage), not the school they normally attend.
· Parent or Guardian must preorder the meals and provide the student ID#, First and Last name as listed when registered, for each registered Enfield Public School student in Grades PK-12. Per NSMP (National School Meal Program) regulations, only a parent or guardian can pick up meals for students.
· HOW TO ORDER:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or you can call 860-253-6511 (if you do not have email) by 2pm on Friday for Monday pick up to receive meals for Monday and Tuesday. Order by 2pm Tuesday to pick up meals for any one or all these days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. You can order and pick up meals for any day a student is remote learning but remember you can only get one breakfast and one lunch per registered student per day.
· WHAT TYPE OF MEALS ARE AVAILABLE: All meals will consist of cold and/or shelf stable items and will meet the NSMP grade level of serving sizes and components.
Important Points to Remember
· Only registered Enfield Public School students who are not physically in school can order meals to be picked up. Students who are in school have meals at the school they are attending. All meals, either picked up for remote/virtual learners or those received while learning at school, are rung into our Point of Sale system at the students approved status price.
· Students can only receive one breakfast and one lunch a day. If meals are picked up and then student receives a meal at school for the same day, the student will be charged full price for the second meal regardless of status. Federal program requirements allow for only one breakfast and one lunch a day at the students approved status.
Questions? Contact Nutrition Services at 860-253-6511.
Please park after distribution and walk up to our new office window to the left of the main entrance. An office staff member will help you get a placard for student pick-up.
Arrival and Dismissal
Week One Plan
- Hybrid students will be in-person for two days, and remote for the remaining three.
- All students will be remote on Wednesdays.
- All teachers will share and send a schedule for all their learners on Friday. On this schedule it will show the times when remote students should log on for lessons and assignments. There will be a different schedule for Wednesdays, as all students are home, but it will still indicate the times for live lessons and individual work.
- During the first two weeks, special area teachers will be posting assignments instead of live streaming as we finalize the logistics of this format.
- We are unsure of when all students will arrive for the first week, therefore some morning meetings may be posted activities instead of live.
- During the first week, lessons will be focused on community building and social emotional health.
A review of next week:
Monday - No School
Tuesday - Cohort A In-person/Cohort B remote/Full-time remote learners
Wednesday - All Remote
Thursday - Cohort A Remote/Cohort B In-person/Full-time remote learners
Friday - Cohort A Remote/Cohort B In-person/Full-time remote learners
Please continue to be patient with the process. During the first week we will be working out technological bugs as well as any scheduling issues.
Tammy Sylvest - School Nurse
Open House for 1st and 2nd
ESS Reopening Meeting
Below is the survey link if you would like to add questions to be answered during the meeting.
Mark Lord is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: ESS Reopening Update
Time: Sep 2, 2020 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 962 9720 6706