Vietnam War Mini-Presentation
by kenny gomez
Ho Chi Minh - early life
- Ho Chi Minh was born in Hoang Tru Village on May 19, 1890.
- Ho Chi Minh translates to Bringer of Light in Vietnamese.
- As a boy his father was going to take the civil service exams in order to become a local government official but didn't pass it the first time
- His mother raised her two sons and daughter and took charge of producing a rice crop
when his father passed the test he received a grant of land which improved the family's financial situation.
In 1901 his mother died after giving birth to a fourth child and the child only lived up to be one year old.
he was able to go to a French high school and later become a teacher.
ho chi minh
- He sympathized with communist ideas and fought for independence before, during, and after world war II
- he was head of the league for the independence of Vietnam.
- when Vietnam broke into two sides Ho Chi Minh became the president of Communist dominated north Vietnam and Ngo Dinh Diem became president of anti-communist south Vietnam.
- Agent Orange was a powerful mixture of chemicals used by U.S. military forces during the Vietnam War to eliminate forest cover for North Vietnamese and crops that might be used to feed them.
- It caused tumors, birth defects, rashes, psychological symptoms and cancer to the returning solders and the Vietnames
treatment of Vietnam Vets
- When they returned home they were spit on and called baby killers, war monsters, and murderers.
- The hippies burned the american flag and blamed them for the war
- The made slogans like hey hey hey L. B. J. how many kids did you kill today?
- The Soldiers were ridiculed accused of crimes and not respected.