Advantage Arts Academy | September 8th, 2021
Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, September 8- 1st-3rd Grade Art Club Begins 3:15 p.m.
- Thursday, September 9- 3rd-6th Grade Violin Parent Meeting 5:30 Rental 7:30-8:00 p.m. Information
- Friday, September 10 - Early Release Schedule (school ends at 1:30 PM)
- Monday, September 13 - Violin 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 14 - Drama Club 3:30
- Wednesday, September 15 - Violin 3:15-4:15
- Wednesday, September 15th - Community Information Meeting 6:30
- Friday, September 16 - Early Release Schedule (School ends at 1:30)
Last week at Advantage Arts
Be sure to sign up for after school clubs
Welcome to AAA Art Club! This is a club for 1st-3rd graders. First semester Art Club will start on Wednesday, Sept. 8th and run through Jan. 12th on every other Wednesday from 3:15-4:15. We will meet every other Wednesday to create interesting projects and try out new materials. There is a $40 participation fee that needs to be paid in the office to cover the cost of supplies and the program. Please sign up your student on the Sign Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0448AEAB2CA1F49-aaaart There are 20 spots available for this first semester. If you are not able to sign your student up this time, there will be available spots for next semester.
September 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th from 3:30-4:30p.m. will be a four week drama workshop leading up to the audition for a kid version of A Christmas Carol that drama club will perform in December. This will be for grades 4th-6th ONLY! Younger siblings WILL need to be picked up on time after school and will be unable to wait for older siblings to finish the workshop. You can sign up by using to bar code on the posted below or by clicking the link: https://bit.ly/3B7NrJ3
Please Email Miss Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Violin Club will be for 3rd-6th Grade students and will only have 15 students per class. Parent Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 9th. Rentals will be from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and the parent meeting will be from 7:30--8:00 p.m. Dates for the club will be determined after the parent meeting. See the flyer given out last week or below for more information .
Email Beth at email@example.com to reserve your students place.
What Lifts You School Mural
For the first several weeks of school we have been working together to create an inspiring school mural. We learned about the artist Kelsey Montague and looked at her murals of painted wings on buildings. She always posts the question, "What lifts you?" next to the giant wings. We thought about that question and how we could also work to lift others to create a positive environment at our school. Each student drew and decorated an individual feather that we will put all together to make giant wings . This will be displayed at our school and students can stand in front of the wings to look like they have wings to help them fly to new heights.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Wednesday, Sept. 8th –French Toast Sticks OR Croissant Sandwich
- Thursday, Sept. 9th – Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll OR Pancakes
- Friday, Sept. 10th – Breakfast Burger OR Bagel
- Wednesday, Sept. 8th–Wild Mike's Cheese or Pepperoni(Pork) Pizza OR Chicken Sandwich
- Thursday, Sept. 9th – Stir Fry OR Chicken Strips
- Friday, Sept. 10th – Country Fried Steak (Beef) OR Fried Chicken
Sending Lunch From Home?Students are welcome to bring lunch from home to eat! This year students can also supplement home lunch with a fruit, veggie, and milk (they must pick three to count as a free lunch) for FREE.
We still have limited seats available for the 2021-2022 school year. Please share with your friends, family members, and neighbors so they have the best chance possible to secure their spot at Advantage Arts!