What's New With Iowa AEA Online?
Brittanica School Updates
If teachers and students have created individual accounts in Britannica, they will also have the ability to save selected images.
Here's a sample image found when doing a search for ocean life.
Recently, Britannica added the ability to add your own content in addition to the Britannica resources you can save and organize. Britannica has also made it easier to convert that content to a lesson plan. Any of your saved content can be easily shared with others by simply providing a URL. For example, if you wanted to see the content I've saved related to Native Americans, you could simply click on this shared link: http://eb.com/31654
If you have questions about creating an account, please feel free to contact me.
Other Noteworthy Content
- Geography Explorer is an interactive game that helps students identify continents, oceans, major world rivers, and famous places.
Middle School/High School:
- At a Glance are content collections created by Britannica. Britannica preselects articles, images, videos, magazine articles, web sites, and primary sources that fit under broad, popular subject headings. Some middle school examples include: holidays, world exploration, solar system, first ladies and world leaders.
- Behind the News: Find additional information about today's headlines in Britannica articles.
- On This Day: What happened on this day in history?
- Science in Pictures: Intended to support STEM, these pictures will help students build interest in science topics and explore more.