Monday Memo- November 16, 2015
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, November 16th to Friday, November 20th
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
Thanks to Amanda and Ashley for getting the ball rolling with planning for holiday activities. Watch for news of upcoming events!
NEWS AND NOTES
This week is American Education Week. Families have been invited to visit your classroom to see great teaching in action on Tuesday, November 17th during one of two times - 9:30 - 10:30 or 1:30 to 2:30. I know this causes extra stress for you but parents will really appreciate having the chance to visit and see a great staff do what they do best - teach their children!
Monday, November 16th
- Welcome back! Happy Monday!!
Tuesday, November 17th
- Parent visitation day 9:30 to 10:30 AM and 1:30 to 2:30 PM Please ask Rick or Brenda for chairs to be placed in your classroom (or outside by the door) for your visitors.
- Special Ed. staff CFIP meeting. 11:30 to 12:30 in Learning Cottage 3 - Topic: Best practices in Case Management
Wednesday, November 18th
- IEP meetings today - You will find the agenda for the meeting here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1tw5VQNKpblzJ2SJ8HuMF7jqI3SNRxJdLwt9S4Nr5g3E/edit?usp=sharing
- Nancy at CES for training in the afternoon.
- National Educational Support (ESP) Professionals Day. This brochure produced by the NEA has some background and ideas for how to celebrate and honor those Essential Support Personnel that we work with. http://www.nea.org/assets/docs/ESP_2013_Day_Booklet.pdf
Thursday, November 19th
- Leadership Council Meeting- Valerie at CES today
Friday, November 13th
- Birth to 5 Think Tank meeting today at CES. Special Ed. staff attending.
- November 23 - K CFIP 11:45-12:15
- November 23 - Nancy out in the afternoon
- November 24 - PreK CFIP 11:00-11:30
- November 24 - Valerie meeting with Matt Semler today
- November 25, 26, 27- Schools closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 1 - Nancy to training at CES in the afternoon
- December 3 - SST meetings today
- December 4- Book Fair materials delivered, Book Fair begins December 7 and runs through December 10th. Family night to be determined
- December 5 - Staff holiday get-together at 28 South, downtown Hagerstown. Please be sure to let Amanda or Ashley know if you are interested in attending.
- December 7 - (SIT) Leadership team meeting 3:05, location TBD.