Sinkholes In Florida
By: Abraham Urena and JoaQuilya Jackson
Historic impacts of sinkholes in Florida
These are only some of the sinkholes that happened in Florida
Policies that prepare people for this type of disaster
* Immediately report if sinkhole is found
* should be blocked off or guarded by something.
Things you should do to protect you and your family and how you know if its happening
- If there are cracks around the side of buildings or homes
- Doors and Windows don't close correctly
- Trees, ground, or homes start to sink in or sag
- Water is seeping into the ground
- Muddied or polluted well water
- New collection of water or small ponds start to form
If a sinkhole appears somewhere near you or on your property you should immediately follow these steps:
- Get your family and necessary items together and evacuate if needed.
- Make sure anything valuable or important are moved carefully and cautiously.
- Notify agent or lawyer.
- Notify your city or county building inspection department.
- Surround sinkhole with fence, tape or cones and warn others about the sinkhole and its location and mark it off. You could be blamed if someone is injured by the sinkhole.