The PLEF Post
Keeping up the PACE
- Students received a tablet, case, charger, earbuds, and stylus.
- Teachers received a tablet, case, charger, earbuds, and stylus.
- Class sets (30) of keyboards will be issued shortly.
- Sets (4) of chargers will be checked out to every teacher when students begin to take tablets home. Students should not bring their chargers to school.
Tablet Deployment Days
Students completed a short registration process to make the tablets their own.
Students liked their sturdy, new cases.
Teachers and students were happy to have the tablets up and running.
Help reinforce the proper troubleshooting steps. Students should be troubleshooting themselves using the poster before asking for help.
- Toggle Wifi
- Scan Wifi QR code if fan is grey.
- Restart the tablet
- Charge tablet
- If a "Sign-in Error" message pops up asking for a Google password (their email will already be there), please submit a ticket for this.
- Submit a ticket below. Someone will be by to get the tablet as soon as possible.
*Amplify Support on the tablet can be used when students are at home.
Request an App
Anything you need to know about Apps can be found in the Apps page on the PLERC. This includes what apps are available now, how students download apps, how teachers request apps, and much more.
The Amplify Playlist Builder can be accessed by going to playlist.amplify.com. Your credentials are:
Username = GCSusername@amplify.gcsnc.com
Password = first three letters of your last name + last four digits of your social.
This Wednesday there is a Playlist Builder Webinar showcasing this classroom tool. The webinar will be a great way to learn about all the new updates. Register here.
Can't join the webinar? Click the link below to connect to a series of videos on how to maneuver through Playlist Builder and other tablet basics.
- There is no longer a Gaggle App on your tablet. Teachers can access Gaggle by going to www.gaggle.net
- You can also try uploading your own Paper slide or Movie Studio videos to Gaggle Tube, using the icon (to the right). However, unless you want your video to also post to YouTube, make sure you click the box that says, "Do not post to YouTube."
- Do not post any videos with students in them.
Searching with Gaggle Tube
- You can access some YouTube videos using Gaggle Tube. See the instructions below:
Click this icon
Click Gaggle Tube
Search for a specific topic using the search bar at the top of the page
Include a You Tube search by clicking this icon.
Not all YouTube videos will be available, but this does give you more options.