Staff and Partner Bulletin April 4, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community .
Monday, April 4, 2016 (A Day)
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
7:00 East End Community Meeting LeBlond
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 (B Day)
8:30-9:25 - Hunter in the Orange Pod Second Floor
2:00 Reading with the Principal
After School 2nd and 3rd Cooking Club
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 (A Day)
7:45- ILT Makeup Meeting- Library
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
Data Meetings as planned
4:00 Myers out of the building Meeting
After School K-1st Cooking Club -4th-8th Goal Getter Character Club
Thursday, April 7, 2016 (A DAY)
8:15 Special Ed Meeting
9:00- State Visit for 21st Century Grant- all Elementary and Primary teachers need to be in the cafeteria at 9:00.
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor
4:00 Lead Teacher Meeting
After School -4th-8th Cooking Club-2nd-3rd Civic Garden Club -Whiz Kids Tutoring
Friday, March 25, 2016 (B Day)
12:00 Myers and Dearwester out of Building
Movie Night: Goosebumps
Looking Ahead At REA
Week of April 11th
Monday: Optioning Continues
Tuesday: 7:55 Staff Meeting
Tuesday: 2:00 Reading with the Principal- Grade 1
Tuesday: 5:30- Leadership Scholars
Wednesday: 7:45 ILT
Wednesday: Data Meetings
Wednesday: Admin Meeting 4:00
Thursday: Myers and Dohme out of building Advanced Ed conference
Thursday: Evan's Story 6:00
Friday: 2:00 Myers out of building
Friday: Team Meetings
State Visit 21st Century Grant- April 7th
Preparing for testing and computers NEW
- ON WEDNESDAY AT 1:52- We are going to test the network. Every student in Grades 3-11 needs to log into a computer and go to the following websites:
- LOG INTO STUDENT FOR YOUR STUDENTS, NEXT, STUDENT PRACTICE SITE, NEXT SIGN IN.- Students should get to a place that looks like this.
- Please have students 10 practice questions.
- Please also log into the site yourself to see the teacher part.
- Hunter will be sending something out to report problems. Administration will be around to see what the needs are.
- Ms. Bohmer has sent everyone a survey about computers. Please be sure that you are answering the survey so that we can properly plan for testing.
- Tentatively, we will be testing on April 13 and 14 for ELA. The rest of the testing calendar will be out by next Monday including the optioning schedule. We are trying to shut the building down and test. That is our goal. We will post more info about Math and Science and Social Studies, but we all know the most important subject already has a plan:).
- Please note, we are trying to plan ahead, but if we notice a challenge, we will deal with it and try to right course as quickly as possible. Our norm of being a solution maker not a problem causer would be helpful during this time.
- We are planning an assembly with the students on April 12th. Please note, more information will follow.
Please get your orders in ASAP. Cut off is soon.
Operation Hawk and Passes
Links to Staff Meeting information
Advisory Update NEW
THIS IS THE LINK. Students also got a copy of it in email.
All students 7-12 should take the survey. The survey counter will determine which students have taken the survey. Please be sure to review this with your students.
We are working on how to get the elementary students to take the survey. Thank you for getting this done.
Thursday, April 14th, 6pm
3555 Kellogg Avenue
Please see the attached link to the flyer being sent home.
Please help with uniform enforcement, and the small things to help us avoid the big things :)
Professional Development Opportunities
Upcoming Mayerson Classes from the PD Committee:
Co-teaching Roundtable: Interested in learning about co-teaching. Here are some dates to keep in mind:
4/13/16: Data Collection
5/11/16: Becoming a Co-Teaching Model in Your Building