Northern Guilford H.S. Media Center
Reading resolutions 2016
- Replace one TV show with one book
- Have an unplugged hour at home and use it to read
- Get up earlier and read before school
- Check out books on tape from the NC Digital Library for car rides to and from school
- Join a bookclub. Emma Watson just started a feminist book club. There are tons of online bookclubs, but face to face is great too. The Greensboro Public Library has book sets for clubs to check out
- Resolve to read one book a month. Find a bingo card and try different genres.
- Or my own resolution...put down the phone and remember why you loved longform again.
May the Force Be With You
A parent of one of our students crocheted these for the library. Am I excited?
We're not nerdy here.
Well, just a bit.
To learn how to make some of your own, get a copy of Star Wars Crochet at your local bookstore. Or check out Crochet One Skein Wonders by Judith Durant and Edie Eckman from our library to learn amigurumi, the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small toys.
New bookmarks ... that you can color
Shannara Chronicles author Terry Brooks
Watching the new Shannara Chronicles, a YA version of Game of Thrones on MTV, every Tues. at 10 pm? Check out some of creator Terry Brooks fantasy from the media center.
Well...we can dream.