Week of May 10-14
This Monday's quote is from author Jon Gordon who wrote the Energy Bus that we used a few years back for an opening activity. As we move toward the end of the year, it's a great reminder to remember the why of what we do. Sometimes when we remember the why, the how is becomes a bit easier.
Collective Commitments: Stage 3
- We will provide opportunities for students to develop academic and life skills necessary to make responsible choices, develop independence, and act respectfully and collaboratively
- We will provide a supportive school atmosphere where everyone feels emotionally, physically, and intellectually safe while acting with integrity, respect, and honesty
- We will make sure to be a voice and advocate for students
- We will treat each student as I would want myself and/or my own child treated
- We will model compassion and enthusiasm everyday to motivate my students
- We will provide positive reinforcement; more than redirecting a student, and on a continuous basis to help reinforce appropriate behaviors
- We will find and focus on the strengths/positives of my students to build a positive atmosphere for learning
Memorial Day Lessons
Overloads For 15-16
LEAVING OUTLOOK FOR GMAIL
Co-Teaching and it's effect on 2015-16 schedule
Summative Evaluation Guidelines and Timelines
- May 22 is now a "DAY OFF"
- There is a new transportation request form for trips. It is on our middle school shared drive. We will work to convert it to a Google Document.
- Please dont' hesitate to email great happenings from your classroom to include in the principal's report
- If you are close to completing your SGO don't forget to upload to Teachscape and submit to whomever collected your SGO in the fall.
- In addition, review your PGP and start filling out your evidence for meeting those goals as well. You can attach your PD hours to this document as well.
Important Upcoming Dates
May 4-June 8: DRA Spring (ELA Teachers)
May 15: SGO's should be completed and scored
May 18-22: Personal Best Week
May 19: Band Concert (6th/7th)
May 20: Band Concert (8th)
May 22: School Closed
May 29: Choral Competition: Music in the Parks
June 4: Choral Concert
June 9 and 11: 6th grade orientation for Lloyd Road 5th graders
June 23: Individual PDPs for 15-16 due