10 facts about heart disease.
- Heart disease is one of the number of death, for both men and women in the United States.
- Heart disease in an umbrella term that includes conditions such as coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiac arrest , congestive heart failure, and congenital heart disease.
- The most common cause of heart disease is coronary artery disease, which is a blocked or narrowed coronary artery that supplies the heart with blood.
- In 2006, heart disease death rates were the highest in Mississippi and the lowest was in Minnesota.
- Two-thirds of deaths from heart attacks in women occur in these who have had no history of chest pain.
- Laughing relaxes and expands blood vessels, which helps protect the heart.
- A transplanted heart beats about 100-110 beat per minute (70 beats is about normal).
- More than 79,400,000 Americans have one or more forms of heart disease.
- Approximately 30% of the people that have heart disease are smokers!!
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of coronary heart disease, by 25% nonsmokers have more than a 70% increase in risk on stroke is they live with a smoker. Even brief exposure to secondhand smoke could trigger a heart attack.
5 ways to get better from heart disease
- You can excessive, like jumping roping, bicycling,skiing, skating, and rowing. These can help your heart for straight.
- Extra weight can do some damage to your heart, especially to much fat.
- With one in five deaths caused by smoking, going smoke free can help prevent not only heart disease and stroke, but also cancer and chronic lung disease.
- Eating the right food can help you control your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. You should have at lest fruits or vegetables on your plate. \
- You can run 5k, but start small by incorporating physical activity into your daily routine more and more. Take the stairs in stead of the elivater some times.