April 2021 Break Newsletter
Break News and An Early Look At Next Trimester
Table of Contents
- Working In The Library
- Chiro Board Review Questions
- Study Room Guidelines
We wanted to share some news about what the library will look like over break and talk a little about next trimester.
With Chiro boards coming up, we know people will want to pop in to study. Or even to find a quiet place to escape and read a book. Read below to find out how we can help you study for boards.
We are open both weeks of break with limited hours. Please pay attention to our hours to see when you can use the library as they're different each week.
The study room rules will be the same; although we'll go back to 4 hour time slots during these two weeks. The signup link is below and on the library's main web page.
Finally, we're starting to schedule study workers for next trimester. If you're interested, read below to see what the job is like and inquire if you're interested.
Break Hours and Rules
Over break, the library will be open limited hours. Each week has a different schedule so please pay attention.
Saturday 4/17 & Sunday 4/18: CLOSED
Monday 4/19 : 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday 4/20: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday 4/21: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday 4/22: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday 4/23: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday 4/24 & Sunday 4/25: CLOSED
Monday 4/26: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday 4/27: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday 4/28: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday 4/29: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday 4/30: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday 5/1 and Sunday 5/2: CLOSED
Starting May 3, our schedule will be
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Things to Know:
- The library is open to students, faculty and staff only at this time.
- The door handles will be locked. Use the automatic door opener/handicapped button to open the doors. (i.e. try not to touch the handles)
- NWHSU rules on masks and social distancing are in place in the general library area. Masks may be removed only in the study rooms with a closed door. The library classroom is considered part of the main library area.
- In the main library area, one person is allowed per table (approximately 25 people)
- Select computers are available at a distance in main area and library classroom (approximately 10 computers)
- 2 people are allowed per study room See the section on study rooms for more information.
- Soft/cloth furniture will not be available for use.
Chiro Boards Part I
Are you planning to come to the library to study for boards? We can help you. Please read some of these questions we get about what we have.
Which book do students fine helpful for studying?
The most popular book for Parts I and II is Mosby's review questions for the NBCE examination : parts I and II. The library has copies to check out or use in the library.
Is there an electronic mock test?
The book comes with a CD-ROM that has sample questions you can use for practice. You can check out a copy with the CD-ROM to use on your computer at home or you can bring your laptop in. Please note that the CD-ROMs do not play well with Mac computers, unfortunately.
Do you have other books?
Yes. Ask at the information desk or search our catalog for board review.
Would You Like To Work In The Library?
The library is starting to schedule student workers for next trimester and we may have some openings.
We usually have two student shifts a day of approximately four hours. There's a late morning/early afternoon shift and an evening shift. In the role, you'll be in charge of answering phones, taking statistics, checking books in and out and other duties as assigned.
We know that having everyone at home means finding a quiet place to study can be complicated. If you need some solitude, the library study rooms are available to you.
- Study rooms are 2 people per room.
- Study room signup will take place through SignUp Genius. Links to signups will be posted weekly on the main library page or you can click here to go to the signup directly.
- Available reservation blocks will be four hours over break.
- Masks may be removed in the study rooms if the doors are closed but they need to be put back on when entering the general library area.
- Each study room and study table has a Clean/Dirty sign. When leaving the study area you used, please flip the sign so a library worker knows to come and wipe down the area.
Break Week 1
Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Break Week 2
Monday-Friday: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED