The Problem With Plastic
By Jacob Belcavitch
The Issue With Plastic
Over the years our plastic use and consumption has been steadily increasing. Right now the ocean has 315 billion pounds of plastic and by 2050 we will have more plastic then fish in the sea. In Costa Rican waters a group of researches found a sea turtle with a plastic straw stuck in its nose. Now you can see plastic is a huge threat to our marine wildlife and we need to find a solution fast.
- Reilly, Michael. "How Much Plastic Is in the Ocean? : DNews." DNews. Discovery, 9 July 2010. Web. 01 Apr. 2016.
- "Eco-Products ® Store - Food Service Supplier - Compostable and Recycled Supplies." Eco-Products ® Store - Food Service Supplier - Compostable and Recycled Supplies. Eco-Products.inc, n.d. Web. 30 Mar. 2016.
- Herreria, Carla. "This Heartbreaking (And Graphic) Video Will Make You Rethink That Plastic Straw." Huffington Post , July-Aug. 2015. Web. Mar.-Apr. 2016
- "Every Time You Buy A Soft Drink Bottle A Baby Bird Dies." OCCUPYMELBOURNENET. N.p., 07 Aug. 2013. Web. 01 Apr. 2016.
- "5 Gyres – the Plastic Waste in Our seas." Make Wealth History. N.p., 15 Feb. 2010. Web. 01 Apr. 2016.
- "7 Biodegradable Earth-Friendly Products That You Didn't Know Existed - Organics.org." Organicsorg. N.p., 25 Nov. 2013. Web. 01 Apr. 2016.