3-5 RLA Newsletter
October 9, 2015
Congratulations on reaching Fall Break and the end of first quarter! We hope you all enjoy a nice, slow, and relaxing Fall Break. See you at CPD on Monday, October 19th.
Let us know if you have any questions,
Tamlah and Krysten
CPD Sneak Peek!
- Morning will be focused on ANet data analysis and action planning around adapting our instruction
- Afternoon sessions will focus on writing (opinion writing and feedback to students) and planning guided reading groups
Prework: Make sure you have your laptop and access to student reading data! In addition, we suggest you bring one copy of the Module 2 texts for reference during your work!
Frayer Model Video
C&I Team Walk-Thru Notes
- Evidence of workstations in majority of classrooms
- Evidence of the grammar curriculum in action, including best practices for graphic organizers for managing the grammar procedure
- Our network is aligned across all schools in the texts and lesson being used. YAY!
Areas of Growth:
- There is a lack of evidence of students getting choice in their work, even when the ENY plans include elements of choice such as a text to read or author to study
- Teachers are doing most of the talking while students are passively engaged in the learning
- Work being completed across classrooms is not always rigorous
We will continue to refine the curriculum to meet teacher and student need and will also address areas of need through professional development. Reach out to Blake, Tamlah, or Krysten if you need assistance!