2020-2021 February 27, 2021
From The Principal
Our thoughts and well wishes have been with each of you during the horrible weather we experienced two weeks ago. Many of our families are working through issues of broken pipes and damage to homes. If there is something we can do to support you - please do not hesitate to reach out to me or our counselors. It was wonderful to welcome our sweet Collins Cobras back on Monday. We hope this provided some kind of normal and support to the children to help overcome one more hurdle in the 2020-2021 school year.
Just a few important reminders as we continue the school year:
Please keep your student home if someone in your household is awaiting Covid tests results. If anyone in your home tests positive for COVID, please keep your child home and have them engage in online learning each day. This is for the health and safety of not only your child, but the students and staff in the building as well.
Please send your child to school with a mask. The school does not routinely provide masks. Masks are given to the students only if theirs is broken or soiled.
If you are asked to pick up your child early from school, please bring your ID and wear a mask to the door. People are not allowed to enter the building without a mask.
The third grading period ends March 11th. Please check parent access for the most current grades.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Monday, March 1st
- Colossal Cobra - Kindness Award 5th Presented @ Lunch
Tuesday, March 2nd
- 6th Social Studies District Assessment #3
- Colossal Cobra - Kindness Award 6th Presented @ Lunch
- Colossal Cobra - Kindness Award - Virtual Students PM
- 5th Social Studies District Assessment #3
- 6th Writing Benchmark
Monday, March 8th
- PTO Meeting via Zoom 1:15 PM
Tuesday, March 9th
- 6th Reading Middle of the Year Benchmark
- PTO Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
- 5th Math Middle of the Year Benchmark
- 6th Science District Assessment #3
- Spring Picture Day / Group Pictures
- Last Day of Third Grading Period
Friday, March 12th
- Student Holiday
Monday March 15th - Friday 19th - SPRING BREAK!
Monday, March 22nd
- First Day of Fourth Grading Period
Tuesday, March 23rd
- 5th Reading Middle of the Year Benchmark
Wednesday, March 24th
- 6th Math Middle of the Year Benchmark
- TELPAS 5th Listening & Speaking AM
Thursday, March 25th
- TELPAS 5th Reading AM
Friday, March 26th
- Report Cards available in Parent Access Center
Spring Portrait and Group Picture Day - 3/11/21
In-Person and Virtual students will have their spring portraits taken by Photo Texas.
A schedule will be sent to all virtual students. It will be a quick process, very similar to our fall yearbook photo session. Weather permitting, photos will be taken outdoors at the front of the school. For Spring Portraits, there will not be an order form for pre-orders. Proofs will be sent home with students and order will be processed online.
If your student is in band, orchestra, choir, a western art winner or a participant in the Sci-Math-alon, an order form will be sent home or available for pick up at the time group pictures are taken.
Mrs. McCure & Ms. Aymond Counselor Updates
Last week was an unexpectedly tough week for many of our families. If your family was affected and needs any assistance such as clothing assistance, food assistance, or water assistance, please reach out to Mrs. McCure or Ms. Aymond. We have resources available and would love to help!
A list of food assistance is here. This list updates often, so please check back regularly to get the most up-to-date information.
Immunization Reminder for Incoming 7th graders
Nurse Kendall Update
Normally, this instruction is done separately by grade and for boys and girls at school, however, due to Covid-19 protocols and restrictions, the video link will be sent out to our families to be viewed at home. We encourage you to sit and watch the video with your child. There are 2 videos - one for boys and one for girls. If you have any questions, please feel free to email the nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide the link to the videos in the next newsletter.
We are proud of our Collins students that participated in the art show!
Reminder for Bike Riders
A friendly reminder to the parents of our bike riders.
Please make sure your son/daughter is locking up their bike, especially if the bike needs to sit overnight for some reason. This last Thursday morning at approximately 12:15 AM we had a man steal a bike from our bike rack and ride off with it. If the bike had been locked up it would have been far more difficult to steal.
Please click here to access important dates, parent presentation, elective night information, applications.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.