AEB Weekly 4/30/18 to 5/6/18
W. Charles Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
2017-2018 fees must be paid to participate in band for 2018-2019!
- Any and all unpaid balances must be cleared prior to approved participation in band for 2018-2019.
- Individual balances and invoices are being emailed and handed out to students and parents.
- Any unpaid band balances are being reported to the Akins front office for addition to the AHS Obligation List.
- Students who have a reported balance on the Obligation List are not able to attend prom, receive a diploma, etc.
You can check your balance at any time through CHARMS. Click here for instructions.
You can pay your remaining balance with a credit or debit card using School Cash. Click here for instructions.
You can also bring check, cash, or money order to the band hall and deposit in the safe.
Please make any payments ASAP and the obligation can be cleared with the front office.
Events, Announcements, and Information
Wind Symphony at UIL State Wind Ensemble Festival
Saturday, May 5th, 10am-7pm
2406 Robert Dedman Drive
Concert Performance Time
Bates Recital Hall
UT Austin Music Building
AEB members, family, and friends are encouraged to come hear the Wind Symphony perform at 4:45pm in Bates Recital Hall on the UT Campus!
Wind Symphony Members:
- Detailed Itinerary is Here
- Select Your Lunch Here (If you haven't already.) - Lunch is $8, please bring to the band hall this week and deposit in safe.
- Attire is formal concert attire for the entire day. Please plan accordingly. Ladies, you may bring an appropriate jacket or cover-up. No hoodies please.
Mark Your Calendars!
Purchase Yankee Candle Company Candles All Spring - Earn Money for AEB to Fund Clinicians
This week we will hand out catalogs and information on our sale so you can support your band program by selling candles for the next couple of weeks.
The money earned from this sale will help pay for clinicians for the spring semester. Everyone is asked to participate!
Please direct your friends and family to the AEB website where a picture will allow them to purchase!
Returning AEB Members for 2018-2019...Time to prepare for New York City 2019!
This trip is open to all member of the Akins Eagle Band for 2018-2019. Parents are encouraged to attend as chaperones (price is the same for chaperones.)
Go ahead and register for the trip and begin making payments! You will have until 2/15/19 to pay the trip off in full!
Sign up at www.ETAdventures.com
Click on Customer Login/Register
Trip Code: akins19
Per person price is $1499.00 and includes the following:
- Roundtrip Airfare
- Breakfast & Dinner Daily
- Central Park Tour
- Times Square
- Intrepid Air & Space Museum (Including an AEB Pep Rally Outside!)
- Believe NYC Program (including a show, clinic, and artist meet & greet)
- Broadway Show (Show TBD)
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- 9/11 Memorial at the World Trade Center
- Visits to Chinatown and Little Italy
- Top of the Rock Observatory
- NBC Today Show
- Guided Tour of Lincoln Center
- And more...
Earn Money for Your Band Fees, Trip Payments, and Lessons
There are always shifts available and we are already needing people to work!
- Thursday, May 10th - The South First Groove Spaghetti Dinner & Concert - Akins HS - 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Saturday, May 19th - Akins Band Banquet - Onion Creek Ballroom - 5:30pm to 11:30pm
- Tuesday, May 22nd - AEB Spring Concert w/ Akins Choir - Akins HS - 6:00pm to 10:00pm
- Saturday, May 26th - Texas State Solo & Ensemble Contest - UT Austin - All Day - ***This is a fundraiser for the entire program. All students are required to attend.***
- Monday, May 28th - Texas State Solo & Ensemble Contest - UT Austin - All Day - ***This is a fundraiser for the entire program. All students are required to attend.***
- Thursday, May 31st - Akins HS Graduation - Frank Erwin Center - 7:00pm to 10:00pm - ***Fall 2018 Wind Symphony Only***
- Monday, June 4th to Thursday, June 7th - Music Camp - Akins HS - 9:00am to 4:00pm