The Bronco Buzz
December 11, 2015
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- Monday, December 14- Discovery HS- JA Biz Town (Byrnes & Evans)
- Monday, December 14- PTSA Executive Board- Conference Room- 6:00-7:00pm
- Monday, December 14- Board of Directors (Committee Members/Chairs)- Conference Room- 7:00-8:00pm
- Tuesday, December 15- Discovery HS- JA Biz Town (Hicks Team)
- Tuesday, December 15- 6th Grade Orchestra Concert- Cafeteria- 6:15-6:45pm
- Tuesday, December 15- 7th/Honor Orchestra- Cafeteria- 7:30-8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 16- Discovery HS-JA Biz Town (Coleman Team)
- Wednesday, December 16- EOC Testing- Abbott only- Analytic Geometry
- Thursday, December 17- DDA Post Tests/Final Exams
- Thursday, December 17- PLC Dessert Extravaganza
- Thursday, December 17- FFMS vs. Trickum (Away)- Parkview High Shcool 5:00-7:00pm
- Friday, December 18- DDA Post Tests/Final Exams
- Friday, December 18- Discovery HS JA Biz Town
- Friday, December 18- Tri- M Caroling, 9:00-10:00am
- Friday, December 18- FFMS Winter Break Parties- Classrooms- 3:15-3:55pm
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- Dr. Tatum has visited the school over the past two weeks and continues to be so impressed with the work taking place at Five Forks! She said, "I love coming to Five Forks!" A huge thank you to the following teachers for opening up their classrooms and allowing us to visit: Mr. Linton, Mr. Cogdill, Ms. Green, Ms. Holloway, Ms. Hicks, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Rafferty, Mrs. Kimbrell, and Mrs. Kuny! Way to go!!!
- Monday evening's 6th and 7th grade Band Concerts were incredible. Again, a huge shout out to Mr. Cogdill for his incredible leadership in preparing our students!
- Tuesday evening gave our 6-8 grade Chorus students another chance to SHINE BRIGHT as they sang their hearts out in a combined concert with Crews and Brookwood HS at Mt. Zion! Ms. Green has done a fantastic job with our Chorus students!
- Our basketball teams had HUGE success last Saturday when both the girls and boys' teams won their games against Moore MS. It got a little crazy for a moment during the boys game, but we came out on top! Way to go to all of our coaches--Erickson, Duncan, Massey, O'Connor, and Linton!
- Our cheerleaders continue to have outstanding performances! Even with a reduction in squad, Ms. Evans' girls were awesome!
- The Spirit Link sales have been fantastic this year. The best part is our united desire to "beat Crews" and raise money for Relay for Life!
- Thank you all of our Language Arts teachers, Jeni Greene, Rachel Kusher, Laura Ross, and Danielle Ballew for helping to get all of the required GTES and Health Surveys DONE! Check!!!!!
The winners of our Ugly Sweater Contest are....
COUNT ME IN AWARD... Monica Brown
This week Susan Coyle and Alice Schubele had students complete an activity on Google Slides. Their students researched some "strange and mysterious" topics, and then they put Their findings into a Google Slide Show. While they were working, the two teachers were able to look at student work on their computers and "comment" giving them kudos and/or feedback! This was such a beneficial tool for students as well as teachers, and it greatly epitomized the use of formative assessment! Welcome to Google, Susan!
November eClass Winner!
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!