Lincoln Middle School
May 14, 2021
Dear Lincoln Parents and Guardians,
At the end of the year we coordinate Chromebook and charger, novel and textbook collection by grade level. Following is that schedule. Please be sure to send your child with their Chromebook AND charger, as well as any school textbook or novel on the appropriate date. This is a cumbersome task and we appreciate your cooperation and readiness to return these items.
Chromebook, Charger, Textbook and Novel Return Dates
- Grade 8 - In-Person - May 25
- Grades 6 and 7 - In-Person - May 28
- ALL Remote students - June 2 - 8am - 3pm
I want to share a few graduation updates:
- Gowns and pins were distributed to in-person students yesterday, May 13.
- Remote students should pick up their gowns and pins in the front office.
- There are NO caps with the gowns.
- Please be sure to read further for more information from the PTO soon regarding the Picnic on May 26.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend,
Ordering your yearbook is easy! Just click and order directly through Jostens, our yearbook provider. Yearbook delivery is delayed and expected in June. You may order a yearbook through June 1 !
From Mr. Fudala, Lincoln Band Director
Lincoln Bands Perform!
The Lincoln Bands are ready for their first concert since February 2020.The concert will occur next Tuesday, May 18, in three shifts:
- 5:00 PM-Intermediate Band
- 6:00 PM-Concert Band
- 7:00 PM-Wind Ensemble
The performance will occur outside on the north and west side of the building. Band members should meet in the Busse gym 30 minutes prior to their concert and bring spring clothespins to hold down their music. Dress for the evening will be a plain colored shirt or music department shirt with jeans. Parents may bring chairs, blankets or stand.
Lincoln staff members sincerely appreciate the wonderful week of celebration provided by our PTO during Staff Appreciation Week! We are grateful for the opportunity to work with your families!!
From Mr. Suminski Reminds the Class of 2024:
Here is what's in the works for welcoming for our incoming 6th graders (the Class of 2024!):
- Zoom session with Grade 5 students in the afternoon of May 17 (FV) and May 18 (LP).
- Mr. Steen emailed the parent survey about World Languages (French/Spanish). If you did not receive that survey, please contact Mr. Steen (email@example.com).
- Take a look at Ms. Howard's, Lincoln's French teacher, World Language Video here! If you already signed up for Spanish and think you'd like to try French instead, it's not too late! Just email Mr. Steen to let him know!
- Tentative scheduling of brief in-person tours for the Class of 2024 over the summer.
- Parent Open Forum Zoom session in June.
So watch for Class of 2024 emails in the future!
From the PTO Graduation Committee !!
8th Grade Parents:
The PTO has been working hard to celebrate our 8th grade graduates!! There will be an 8th grade picnic on May 26th from 12:15-2:45. Look for an upcoming email for your child to choose their lunch option and a chance to sign up to volunteer at the picnic.
Yard signs will be coming to yards between the dates of 5/15 - 5/23. If you'd like to help distribute signs, if you do not get a sign by 5/23, or you'd like a second yard sign; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE HEALTH OFFICE . . . PLEASE READ IF YOUR STUDENT IS IN-PERSON
If you notify the school that your student is experiencing any of the symptoms that are shared with covid-19 (fever, headache, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of sense of taste or smell, fatigue, muscle or body aches), your student cannot attend school until at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset OR your student can return earlier if they are evaluated by a medical doctor and undergo Covid testing as directed by MD. In order to return to school prior to the end of 10 days, you will need a note from your MD stating Covid status, diagnosis and return to school date.
THE DISTRICT OFFICE TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT HAS EMAILED 2021/2022 REGISTRATION LINKS
- InfoSnap Snapcode emailed to parent/guardian on May 3rd. If you do not receive this email, check your SPAM folder OR email your contact information to email@example.com.
- Parent/guardian completes online registration and pays registration fees online.
- Note: Discounted online registration begins May 3 and runs through June 21.
For technical assistance with online registration, contact the Infosnap Support Line at (866) 986-1601 ext. 7095 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.