James Hart School Update
Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Friday, December 18, 2020-Early Dismissal. Students will be dismissed at 11:10 am.
- January 4, 2021-Remote Learning Resumes after Winter Break.
- January 7, 2021-First Check-point to see if Hybrid Learning can start on January 21st.
- January 18, 2021-No school in honor of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday
Technology Reminders for Winter Break
Over winter break, please be sure to:
- Turn your laptop on 3-4 times over break, and leave it on for a few hours, so it can receive updates.
- Be sure to keep your laptop in a safe place when it is not in use.
- Please do not bring your laptop when traveling.
When back in session for remote learning:
- Restart the laptop every day.
- Close as many browser tabs and apps as possible when on Zoom.
Greetings James Hart Students!
Do you want to get your hands on some awesome books to chill out and read during the upcoming holidays? (Of course you do!!!)
In order to keep everyone safe during these times, there have been some important updates at the Homewood Public Library. The library is no longer open for appointments to enter the building. However, you may still put holds on library books and other materials and pick them up at the drive-through window at your convenience.
HOW DOES DRIVE-THROUGH PICK UP WORK?
Place a hold in Homewood Library's online catalog using your library card.
If you need assistance, call the library at 708-798-0121 x 216 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
Come to the library and go to the Drive-Thru to receive your holds. Easy Peasy! 😃
If you DO NOT have a library card but would like to get one, your parent or guardian may go to this link and register online for your card!
Once your card is ready, you will be notified to come to the drive-through for pickup.
GET YOUR “PAWS” ON SOME GREAT BOOKS!
Three Ways to Support Your Schools
Shop at Five Below in Homewood, Dec. 14-19
Homewood PTA will get 10% when you present this flyer at the time of your purchase.
Homewood Parent-Teacher Association's No-Bake Bake Sale
Submit a favorite family recipe for PMA's future "Greatest Hits Cookbook" and support music education in District 153 by donating the money you would have spent on ingredients.
Register Your Student for District 153's Winter Break Read-a-Thon
Homewood PTA and Bookie's have planned fun incentives and prizes to keep our students reading during the winter break. More information here.
The video below explains how to access the Student Portal:
There is a link on the James Hart website under "For Students" to access the Infinite Campus Student Portal website.