Sussex Avenue News That You Can Use
November 19th-November 23rd
- November 19th is an E day.
- Progress Reports go home 11/28.
- Wednesday, November 21st is a 4-hour 20-minute session. Students will be dismissed at 1:25.
- School is closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday 11/22-11/23
- Conferences: Evening conferences November 28th.
- HSA General Meeting 11/29 @6:30 pm
- Spirit Day 11/30
- Hanukkah Begins December 3rd
- Conferences: December 3rd
- Picture Retakes: December 4th
- Holiday Shop 12/4-12/7
- Harlem Wizards- 12/8
- Winter Concert Grades 3 & 4 December 18th @ 10:00 am
- Grade 5 Orchestra, Band, Chorus Winter Concert, December 19th @ 10:00 am
- Winter Break begins with a 4-hour 20-minute session on December 21st
- School Closed for Winter Break 12/24-1/1. School reopens 1/2/19
By conducting lunch/recess in this manner, we have drastically reduced the student to adult ratio. Additionally, children who purchase lunch now have significantly more time to get their lunch and eat. As the winter season begins, this will also aid in having indoor recess and recess held on the side of the building less crowded for the children.
I have gone into all 4th and 5th-grade classrooms this week to explain the need for the change so they understand why the change had to occur. In addition, I assured them we will be rotating classrooms every few weeks so they are able to play with the friends they may not be eating/playing with currently.
Nurse's Corner- Ms. Ruta
· Teach your children to wash their hands often,
· Teach your children not to share personal items like drinks and food,
· Teach your children to cough and sneeze into their arm or sleeve when
a tissue isn’t handy,
· Know the signs and symptoms of flu (fever, cough, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, body aches,
a headache and feeling very tired. Some people may also have vomiting or diarrhea),
· Keep sick children at home.