Come Visit Us!
Available times include:
Monday, May 13th: A bus will bring any interested LHS students departing from LHS at 12:30 for a 12:45 arrival at LA. LHS bus will depart LA at 1:45 to return to the high school.
Wednesday, May 15th: A bus will bring any interested LN students departing from LN at 9:45 for a 10:00 arrival at LA. LN bus will depart LA by 11:00 to return to LN by 11:20.
Wednesday, May 15th: 5:00-6:00 PM at LA
Thursday, May 16th: 8:00-9:00 AM at LA
Friday, May 17th: 12:00-1:00 PM at LA
Parents don't have to attend the same time as their student.
Liberty Academy is located at 1115 Blackberry Drive, Liberty, MO.
Please RSVP to 736-5470. Leave your referred student's name and the date/time you plan to attend.
Liberty Academy is a place where:
- Students have the time to deeply explore their strengths and passions within an authentic experience-driven learning environment.
- Students find confidence, relevance, and agency in their own work as a result of the caring relationships they have with staff and the personalized nature of their learning.
- Students are equipped with the success skills and tools necessary to become architects of a better world.
How are we different?
What if your strengths, talents, interests, and passions were used in school daily?
What if you could get high school credit for doing something you love?
What if the work you did at school (for credit) was really helpful to others?
What if you had choice in what "school" looked like and a caring adult to help you design it?
At Liberty Academy, we call this personalized learning. It is different. At first glance, it will seem like more "work" for you. However, we believe that if it is the "right work", and if you give it a chance and partner with us, you will love it. It is our goal to help you become the best version of yourself!
Liberty Academy will:
- help students have empathy, self-awareness, and self-control.
- be knowledgeable about their strengths, talents, interests, and career aspirations.
- be asked to be a contributing member of the school community.
- develop skills that will help them be successful regardless of college/career path.
- assist students in skills that help manage their time which will be necessary for any college or career option.
Overview of Learning
Career exploration (www.unschoolchallenge.com) is where students select a community partner to design a learning experience.
Serving2Learn (www.serving2learn.com) is where students find themselves in service to others.
Learner-Driven at Liberty Academy
- What about transportation? Students ride their routed bus to the home high school. A shuttle brings them from the high school to LA and back to the high school at the end of the day.
- What are the school hours? Due to the shuttle transportation needs, our school hours are 8:20-2:55.
- Do I still need the required 25.5 credits to graduate? Yes, this is per LPS Board policy.
- What does lunch look like? LA has a cafeteria with limited hot, cold, and a la carte choices.
- Can I attend the career center? This is considered on a case by case basis.
- During the school day, students have an opportunity to earn 4 credits each semester.
- LA has approximately 90 students (from LHS/LN).