Worthingway Middle School Updates
Traditionally, as the weather turns, we see increased visits to our school office due to student illness. We have an amazing school nurse, Joyce Casey, who is always present, caring, and supportive of our students! Given our current situation, I thought it would be a good time to revisit our Safety Protocols. Each year, I remind our staff to consistently revisit classroom expectations. It is not enough to only discuss these during our first week of school. Students benefit from consistent conversations. Mr. Mosca and I give students reminders during their lunch periods and I would like to pass along some reminders to you for student illness.
It can be difficult, confusing, and overwhelming to decide when to keep your student home due to illness. We want to see your student, but only if it is safe for all of us to be together. Here is a list of scenarios for when you should keep your student at home and not send them to school:
1. When your student exhibits any symptom on the daily home screening checklist. This assessment should be conducted every day prior to entering our Worthington school buildings.
2. When your student has been identified as a “close contact” to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. Any person identified as a close contact will need to remain at home and not attend school for 14 days since the last day of contact with the COVID+ person. Please contact your school building and also complete the form on the district website.
3. When a member of your household has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting results, all household members must quarantine until that result is known. If that pending result is negative, you may then send your student to school. If that pending result is positive, please contact your student’s school.
If you ever have any questions about whether or not you should send your student to school or keep them home, please feel free to reach out to Joyce Casey, school nurse, at 614-450-4300 or email email@example.com. Thank you for all you do to help our students and staff stay safe while they are at school!
September Students of the Month
8th Grade: Hadley Byard, Ella Ciprio, Hawanatu Kabia, Wesley Konadu, and Karris Stuttard
7th Grade: Abibatu Bangura, Jayden Envid, Phineas Gertler, Meredith Laughman, Heather Long, and Raica Reichenbach
The Worthington School District will be holding several community coffees with Superintendent Trent Bowers throughout the month of November.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of the coffees will be held at the Worthington Education Center (200 East Wilson Bridge Road) and be limited to 10 people. Masks and social distancing will be required.
If you are interested in attending one of the events, please send an email to Christy DeWees at CDewees@wscloud.org.
Make sure to include the following information in your email.
1. Your Name
2. Phone Number
3. Date of session you'd like to attend (if that coffee is already full, you will be offered another date)
4. Any topics you would like to be updated on
Here are the dates & times of the coffees:
November 10 (Tuesday) Noon - 1pm
November 13 (Friday) 8am - 9am
November 16 (Monday) 9am - 10am
November 19 (Thursday) 5pm - 6pm
November 20 (Friday) 8am - 9am
Food Service Update
On October 9, 2020, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the extension of all Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Seamless Summer Optoin (SSO) waivers, allowing schools to offer meals to all children at no charge through the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
This extension will allow Worthington City School Food Services the ability to provide School Meals Free of charge to all school aged children for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
What we do: Tackle tough math problems, Expand our brain power, Have fun, Compete against others (Competitions will be virtual this year)
See Mrs. Adesso or Mrs. McKinney to join the club
Practices alternate between Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00pm (live or via Zoom)
Wednesday, Nov. 4
Tuesday, Nov. 10
Wednesday, Nov. 18
Tuesday, Nov. 24
Wednesday, Dec. 2
Tuesday, Dec. 8
Tuesday, Dec. 15
January Schedule will be released at a later date
Picture Day(s) Update
School Name: Worthingway Middle School
Picture Day Dates:
Monday, November 9 (Blue group)
- Students will report to 1st period class and be called in small groups for pictures
Tuesday, November 10 (OOLP students and Green group)
- OOLP students will take pictures from 8:30-9:00am in the school gym
- OOLP students please report to the main office and we will help guide students to the gym
Picture Day ID: EVTCXSV7F
Order pictures here: my.lifetouch.com
Worthingway Hats For Sale in the office
PTA Honeybaked Ham Gift Card Fundraiser
Thanks for your support!
Worthingway Middle School
Dean/Athletic Director: Bill Mosca (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Counselor: Natalie Fei (email@example.com)
Secretaries: Amanda DeBernard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Val Swearengen (email@example.com)