that was then, this is now
What's the book?
Title-that was then, this is now
Author- S.E. Hinton
Genre-Young adult fiction
About the book
Bryon Douglas- Bryon is growing up and thinking who he wants to be in life. Dynamic
Mark Jennings-Mark is still living the life for the moment. Static
Bryon has a job to support his family and its a low paying job. His brother Mark starts bringing in lots of money.Bryon finds out that Mark has been selling drugs to hippies. Its an external conflict because it deals with two characters.
Coming of Age
- "I had quit thinking only about myself." Bryon is trying to stop being selfish.
- Mark is selling drugs and living the moments.
- Mark was placed in a reformatory school and was acting up so he was placed in a prison.
- Mom is in the hospital
- Bryon and Mark is running low on money.
- Bryon has a low paying job and Mark has a high paying job.
- Bryon finds out that Mark is selling drugs.
- Bryon calls cops on Mark.
- Mark goes to a reformatory school. He acts up and goes to prison
- Mark hates Bryon and will never talk to him ever again.